The Lincoln Electric Company is a $2.9B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. Our expertise in the design, development and manufacture of welding products, systems and solutions allows businesses and individuals to focus on their passions, while we focus on the arc. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry! Are you ready?
The Internal Audit Function:
The Lincoln Electric Corporation employs a professional staff dedicated to the execution of a world-class audit function. The department’s mission is to provide independent, value-added appraisals and advisory services related to Lincoln Electric’s systems of internal control and enterprise-wide risk management practices. The group seeks to ensure that significant risks impacting the attainment of corporate objectives are identified and appropriate controls are in place to mitigate the risks.
Lincoln Electric Corporation has a proven track record of using the audit function to identify, develop and promote high potential individuals through-out the Company. Approximately 80% of staff that joined the function during the last several years have been promoted with the far majority being promotions into management level positions. As we move forward Lincoln will continue to generate outstanding career advancement opportunities for our auditors (both inside and outside of audit). For those so inclined, Lincoln Electric also provides challenging international opportunities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
The Internal Auditor will provide assistance and occasional leadership of both Corporate and Subsidiary Sarbanes-Oxley Audit engagements. Assistance includes planning, development and execution of audit programs for key accounting processes. The Internal Audit Senior will also assist in Operational Audits of Subsidiaries for continued improvements. This position is also charged with partnering with external auditors in completing interim and year-end testing procedures in order to attest to the accuracy of the consolidated financial statements. Another key duty is developing programs and systems to ensure timely and technical compliance with all appropriate accounting standards and reporting regulations. Finally, the Internal Auditor will assist in various special projects throughout the year including the following,
- Responsible for assisting Senior Internal Auditor(s) and Supervisor of Internal Audit in determining whether systems of internal control are in place throughout Lincoln Electric and Subsidiaries.
- Provide reasonable assurance that the financial statements of the reporting entities are complete and accurate and comply with corporate policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provide reasonable assurance that the reporting entities are in compliance with operational policies and standards of ethical business practices that promote the well-being of the Company.
- Adequately safeguard the assets of the Company.
- Responsible for reviewing controls over the development, maintenance, and operation of information systems.
- The Internal Auditor with report directly to the Senior Internal Auditor(s) and will assist in the preparation of internal audit reports through the identification of significant audit findings, preparation of audit recommendations and solicitation of management responses to audit findings resulting from domestic and international compliance, financial and/or operational audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE certifications preferred
- 2 to 5 years of progressive public accounting and/or industry experience
- Thorough knowledge of internal auditing methodologies and approaches
- Knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), financial & IT processes
- Strong understanding of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to travel 15 -25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Lincoln Electric Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of The Lincoln Electric Company without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of The Lincoln Electric Company. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of The Lincoln Electric Company will not be considered binding terms. The Lincoln Electric Company will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.