Director of Quality Assurance
Memphis, TN Area
Working under the direction of Vice President of Process Engineering and with the Production and Engineering Support departments, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and administering a comprehensive quality control management system and complying with all industry quality certification standards at company’s high-volume manufacturing facility. The position is accountable for continuously improving product quality and production efficiency by defining and implementing optimal glass processing methods, materials, products and standards. The position will be responsible for managing up to 20 direct and dotted-line reports as the department expands rapidly over the next 12-18 months.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing new quality control processes and improving existing ones to improve production performance;
- Driving quality improvement programs to simultaneously improve product quality and production yield;
- Implementation of statistical process control (SPC) methodology on Production line;
- Failure analysis of non-conforming product to understand failure mechanism and define corrective plans.
- Work with Engineering and Technology departments to drive hardware, software and process changes required for quality improvements;
- Work with external vendors to improve incoming material quality
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive, up-to-date, interactive quality manual; including developing training materials and training employees on quality control processes;
- Managing a team to accurately evaluate, record and report quality and failure analysis data;
- Obtaining and maintaining certifications for U.S. and European for glass manufacturing quality standards
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years in GLASS MANUFACTURING
- Specific Quality Control engineering experience, including: Robust design, incoming material quality control, process control, product evaluation, product reliability, metrology and automated testsing
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in engineering statistical data analysis, including: data collection, design of experiments (DOE) methodology and statistical model development
- Experience with process capability analysis, robust process design and statistical process control
- Understanding of a wide range of engineering methods and processes. In-depth knowledge of one or more of the following areas preferred: electrochromics, thin film deposition, sputtering, laser material processing, Insulated glass unit fabrication, optical coatings and material characterization
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams to make responsible decisions
- Ability to make sound engineering decisions under minimal supervision and direction
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure.
- Possess a high tolerance of ambiguity and flexibility with respect to job functions and working hours in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Experience with engineering data analysis software (JMP, Minitab etc.) and MS Office software suite
- Good written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Requires ability to travel approximately 25% to headquarters; installation sites; industry-related trade shows, etc. Experience in quality, mechanical, maintenance, equipment, electrical or other applicable engineering field.
- BS. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematical (STEM) fields of study
- BS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematical (STEM) fields of study is strongly preferred.
CONTACT: Marla Ripperton (901) 753-7068 – email@example.com
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net