Who is IRI?
Founded in 1979 as Information Resources, Inc. (IRI) is the world’s leading provider of enterprise market information solutions and services, empowering its clients to grow their business profitably in a complex marketplace. Driving the transformation of the consumer packaged goods (CPG), retail, and healthcare industries, only IRI provides a unique combination of real-time market content, advanced analytics, enterprise performance management software and professional services.
What does IRI do, and who do we serve?
At IRI, we work with over 95% of the Fortune Global 500 in CPG and retail, providing them with:
- Market, consumer and shopper intelligence
- Retail Tracking information
- Online and offline marketing ROI strategy and effectiveness
- Predictive analytics and modeling
- Pricing, trade promotion and brand portfolio maximization
- Store level and merchandising insights
- Strategic consulting and thought leadership
What will I do as a Client Insights Consultant?
As a Client Insights Consultant you will lead effective problem solving with the client and internal teams. You will work with the clients to apply/maximize insights gleaned from IRI data including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects.
The Client Insights Consultant serves as a passionate advocate for the client in advancing solutions that will best build the client’s long-term business. From time-to-time, this will involve advocating and “selling” in a highly charged environment. While exceeding revenue targets is important, success is equally measured by identifying opportunities to expand/extend projects, and exceptionally serving the client.
Why should I apply?
The Client Insights Consultant works as a strategic partner with an IRI client by serving as a leader of this critical client relationship. In this position, you will apply consultative business skills to identify opportunities for IRI to drive the client’s strategic vision. To be successful in this role, one must build a rapid rapport across functions within the IRI organization and with key client contacts in Market Research, Marketing, Brand and Finance.
What are the responsibilities of Client Insights Consultant?
To be successful as a Client Insights Consultant you must possess and be able to execute upon five key skill sets:
Advanced Analytic Skills: Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data and translate it into meaningful solutions for clients:
· Approach client with coherent, actionable and fact-based data/recommendations appropriate to their business needs
· Continually provide analytical solutions and business insights to address any business gaps and/or opportunities and create value for the client
· Identify business issues and opportunities and suggests the appropriate level analytic solution/approach
Consultative Selling: Apply knowledge of the business, industry and domain expertise to identify, create and close business opportunities:
· Target and sell services that address unexpressed and underlying client needs; ask questions so as to identify the root causes of issues versus symptoms
· Ask questions to test assumptions and challenges the status quo
· Synthesize information on a variety of issues, translate the information into a project framework that ultimately provides solutions for clients
Impactful Presence: Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills; present a professional image:
· Become trusted by client, IRI client solutions teams, IRI cross functional organizations, IRI business partners and considered a domain expert and business partner
· Educate the client on analytic methods, shape their thinking and influence the decisions they make
· Demonstrate a flexible approach to communication; adapt messages quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
· Strong C-level presence
Client Focus: Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met:
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
· Help customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had
· Regularly and proactively communicate with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improving the relationship
· Should the role include Multi-Client Account Management: Successfully manage multiple deliverables or projects for multiple clients, Track and organize multiple work streams against multiple clients, and manage time and resources against changing priorities
What are the qualifications for Client Insights Consultant?
· 6+ progressive years of experience
· Marketing and sales with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company
· Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications
· Experience with IRI solutions
· Proven ability to consult with clients to influence thinking and drive IRI’s business agenda.
· Advanced degree preferred