|Job Title||Project Manager – Industrial Construction|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
|Min Experience||5 Years|
PROJECT MANAGER – INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION
Join an international company who is a world leader in heat-tracing, fire & performance wiring and sensing solutions for the oil & gas, power, food & beverage, chemical, water and other process industries, as well as for the commercial and residential construction markets.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Promotion of a safety first culture throughout all aspects of Project Management
· Verifies scope of work definition for assigned projects and ensures that the executed contract documents accurately reflect that which was portrayed in the commercial quotation. Appropriately and proactively manages any contractual issues which represent financial risk to the company.
· Plans, organizes and directs all design engineering, procurement, system installation and commissioning activities for an assigned project.
· Responsibility for profitability on assigned projects. Manage revenue, costs and gross margin against the cost estimate. Monitor the project financial status and successfully control all project costs during execution to maintain projected profit margins.
· Coordinates the thorough compilation of project controls data including but not limited to cost forecasting, scheduling and manpower progress.
· Establishes the key interface between the customer and our company and manages this relationship relative to scope, price, schedule and overall performance. Also captures scope change and effectively communicates this to the customer in a timely manner.
· Oversees the accuracy and timely submission of invoicing for projects.
· Acting as a liaison, optimizes the interdepartmental alignment of various engineering, procurement and construction project execution activities.
· Conduct technical design reviews and analysis.
· Accept overall responsibility for the successful execution of the Northeast office project management activities.
· Management reserves the right to assign or re-define duties and instruct the post holder to carry out any other duty commensurate with this post.
· Have the ability to gain in-depth knowledge of heat tracing technology and understand engineering and construction practices.
· A proven appreciation for, and a demonstrated capability in the application of advanced methods of data collection, technical data analysis and engineering/construction progress reporting is required.
· Exceptional listening skills
· Composure – Is cool under pressure, is considered mature, can handle stress, is able to handle difficult labor situations, is a settling influence with a clear conviction in a crisis situation.
· Customer Focus – Is driven to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
· Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Knowledge and fluency in Microsoft Office
· Organized – Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple disciplines and technical activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
· Written Communication – Is able to articulate field related issues and contract clarifications in written form
· Undergraduate Engineering degree
· Knowledge of industry standards and codes
· Knowledge of Engineering and Construction Industry
· Professional Engineer certified
· Experience in the Petrochemical Industry with exposure to Heat Tracing a plus
· Engineering, maintenance, project and/or operations experience at an operating petrochemical facility or a heavy industrial site is a distinct asset.