There is a currently an urgent need for a Manufacturing Engineer with extensive experience in the automotive industry to join a stable organization on a full-time basis. This is a terrific opportunity offering a great benefits package, relocation assistance and other outstanding perks.
- Responsible for managing tooling programs through all phases from engineering support to the customer before the issue of a purchase order to product launch.
- Assist potential customers with design feasibilities to optimize manufacturing and material usage.
- Champion the development of quotations for piece cost and stamping tooling by providing process lay-outs, blank developments, timing and quoting instruction to all participating die vendors quoting on the parts.
- Establish and follow up on full program implementation (i.e. timing, concept, manufacturing feasibility, process, binder developments, simulation, prototype, die design, pattern build, hard tool build, engineering changes, stamping tooling try-out, assembly verification, buy-off at die shop, home line try-out and program launch.)
- Responsible for supplying all engineering specifications, steel and fastener specifications to all departments involved.
All candidates MUST have the following experiences to qualify for consideration
- Please DO NOT APPLY unless you have at least 6 years of manufacturing/tooling engineering experience in the automotive field
- A strong tool and die background is critical (apprentice ship is preferred)
- Program management experience is required; Must be used to managing a project from “cradle to grave”
- Experienced with automotive metal stamping
- Accustomed to interacting directly with clients
- Experience with tracking outside tooling (dies)
- Experienced with medium to heavy tool design, die troubleshooting, casting patterns and GD&T
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is a plus but not required
If interested and QUALIFIED, please send resume in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com
Keywords: project manager, manufacturing engineer, production engineer, automotive engineer, automobile, vehicle, automotive manufacturing, automotive production, automotive supplier, automotive product, automotive industry, project engineer, plant engineer, mechanical engineer, program manager, automotive stamping, program manager, tool and die maker, tool & die maker, tool shop, die shop, tooling engineering, tooling engineer