DEMAND/PRODUCTION PLANNING MANAGER
Memphis, TN area
Great opportunity to work a high tech manufacturing operation that is growing fast. The successful candidate will develop and lead the Demand & Production Planning function to translate Marketing and Sales forecasts into Master Manufacturing schedules to meet company revenue goals and maximize manufacturing efficiencies.
- Assist Marketing and Sales teams to build item level forecasts, providing recommendations and supporting analysis based on capacity, yields and cycle times.
- Publish rolling six-month production plan with customer / project specific commit dates.
- Align internal processes (purchasing, production) to support purchasing and production lead times.
- Develop, lead and motivate planning team
- Oversee daily production plans.
- Work cross functionally with internal departments to incorporate process improvements and productivity factors for forecast and future projections
- Perform weekly and monthly forecast to actuals variance analysis by customer
- Review and communicate root cause & lead charge on delivery risk mitigation & necessary forecast adjustments
- Drive analysis on delivery performance and capacity opportunities. Drive continuous re-evaluation of supply vs demand.
- Develop and execute consistent and best practice processes of forecasting and planning that consider all variables and item nuances.
- Provide monthly metrics reporting on net change from previous month’s forecast and the resulting operational, assumptions, impact and decisions.
- 8 plus years Planning Management experience in multi-site manufacturing
- Strong leadership skills in demanding and fast paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of Best Practices in Production Planning and Inventory Management
- Experience in state of the art ERP systems and dashboarding software
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills to guide decision making
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with exceptional attention to details
- APICS certification a plus
- BA/BS degree required; Engineering/Technical degree a plus
- MBA preferred
- Experience in a high-volume, yield-sensitive manufacturing industry
- Experience in processing industry
CONTACT: Marla Ripperton (901) 753-7068 – email@example.com
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net