Reporting to the Quality Manager for one of the world’s leading automotive supplier for driveline and chassis technology with over $ 20 billion in revenues, nearly 71.500 employees and 121 production companies in 27 countries. Among the top 10 companies on the ranking list of the largest automotive suppliers worldwide. The Manufacturing Quality Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System for assigned Business Units. Meets quality oriented dashboard targets including timely and effective responses to customer and internal Issues, reducing rejects & scrap and timely resolution of deviations. Leads team approach to corrective actions including implementation of effective containment actions, utilizing disciplined root cause analysis tools, timely implementation and updates to applicable documentation. Ensures timely and effective responses to internal and external TS16949 audit findings. Promotes preventive action activities to reduce number of customer concerns and external PPM. Be point of contact for Customer Supplier Quality Engineers and for Customer Audits. Ensure annual completion of CQI-9 audits per the audit schedule. Provides information for the Yokoten (ZFLS Read Across) system. Identifies training and performs performance reviews of the Quality Engineers and Lab Supervisors.
• Quality management (2 years)
• Engineering or technical operations
• ISO certified program management
• Staff management & training
• Customer quality metrics, reporting, and interface
• Understands software packages (i.e. SAP, Axalant, Test Software).
• Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Residence: Florence, KY (Relocation assistance provided)
Background Preferred (but not required):
• Metallurgy or Heat Treatment processes
• Lean manufacturing
• Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
• Dimensional inspection execution
• American Society of Quality (ASQ) Certification
• Advanced Degree: Masters
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
• Makes complex independent decisions
• Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
• Troubleshooter & Problem solver
• Team Leadership that Inspires, energizes & motivates
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.
Practice Leader: Gary Gemberling