|Business Intelligence Analyst|
|Westlake Village, CA|
The primary function of the Business Intelligence Analyst is to transform high level business requirements into reporting solutions that meet or exceed the needs of internal business clients. The primary areas of focus will be requirements definition/documentation and UAT/Validation of new reporting objects in the Enterprise DataWarehouse
This position will also include a data mining component which will involve identifying and analyzing trends in the data and building automated and/or ad hoc reports for internal business users. These responsibilities will require a background in SQL and relational database design. Experience with business analytics is essential as the result of the data mining activities should yield actionable and developed recommendations to the GC Management team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Business requirement development for reports, metrics, and documents
· Understanding and becoming proficient with business systems in the areas of retail, online retail, logistics, fulfillment, merchandising, forecasting, etc.
· Performing UAT/Validation on newly created objects, reports, metrics, etc.
· Incorporating data from multiple sources including sales, inventory, product, and customer databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making
· Working with several large and complex SQL, DB2, and Access databases
· Designing and building reports and analysis in MicroStrategy, MS Access, and MS Excel
· Maintaining and updating business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, or methods.
· Assisting in timely flow of business intelligence information to users.
· Assisting in requirements gathering sessions with project teams
· Creating Technical Design Documents for BI tools, reports and processes.
· Assisting in testing use case scenarios to validate data flow from various systems into the EDW
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BA/BS in one of the following concentrations: MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering
· Proficient in programming languages, at a minimum NZ SQL/ORACLE PL/SQL and MS Access
· 1+ years of business or consulting experience preferred
· Proficient in MS Excel
· Experience with Qualitative/Quantitative analytics, retail preferred
· Experience working with DataWarehouses, ERP Systems, MicroStrategy reporting/desktop preferred
· Highly analytical technician who enjoys coding and data analysis
· Very high level of work ethic and attention to detail
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
About Guitar Center, Inc.
Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of musical instruments with annual revenues exceeding $2 billion. We are an established organization with over 10,000 associates currently operating in 250+ retail outlets spanning multiple states and the world’s largest volume web and catalog instrument fulfillment business. Our success is based on core values that embody a winning attitude and incorporate the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We’re proud to do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers. We seek leaders for our retail stores nationwide and corporate office in Westlake Village, CA.
In connection with an application for employment and/or promotion with Guitar Center, Inc., investigative consumer reports, which may include credit reports, criminal history consistent with applicable federal and state laws,
motor vehicle reports, employment records, educational background or other sources of information may be requested.
We offer competitive compensation, vacation, benefits, events, and excellent discounts. Enjoy working with the best!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Search firms please
CLICK HERE TO APPLY