IT Network Engineer
An outstanding opportunity exists for a seasoned IT Engineer with heavy networking experience to join a growing and very successful organization located in the Silicon Valley area of Northern California. This is a Support Engineer position and will act as the focal point of contact for the Software Engineering team. The role would work (M-F) afternoons and early evenings to support overseas work schedules.
- Responsible for the functionality of the associated networks
- Participate in network and system design meetings
- Primary contact to support the production / engineering environment.
- Assist in setup, configuration and administration of routers, switches, and other networking equipment in our corporate environment
- Assist in configuration and administration of security devices such as firewalls and VPN devices.
- Develop network automation scripts.
- Configure and maintain the IT lab network
- Configure and maintain network monitoring and measurement tools
- Perform log analysis from networking devices and servers.
- Assist in conducting performance tests on networking equipment from vendors, document results, and recommend courses of action
- Understanding of directory services and directory service integration (AD, LDAP)
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the production environment
- Assist in IT Department projects
- Create and maintain Visio diagrams of the Corporate production / engineering networks
- understanding the requirements and participating in the development of the overall corporate network and related department needs, testing and deploying design changes, administrative functions, and documentation of all requirements and activities
All candidates MUST have the following experiences to qualify for consideration
· Please do not apply unless you have a BS Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience as an IT Engineer with a deep focus on networking
· Fluency in Chinese is required for this role (Mandarin preferred)
- Must have hands-on router, switch and VPN appliance experience, preferably Cisco, in addition to being able to show thorough understanding of core TCP/IP and Ethernet concepts and technologies
- Understanding of OSI networking layers and how they relate in a production environment.
- Understanding of IP subnets and routing.
- Experience with VPN technologies and implementations, preferably Cisco and Sonicwall.
- Experience with troubleshooting Ethernet based networks, TCP/IP based services and hardware, basic IP routing protocols, and firewalls.
- Experience with VLAN and TCP/IP design/configuration on Cisco and/or Juniper routers, switches and firewalls.
- Understanding of VMWare and virtual machine implementations.
- Experience with T1s and larger telco circuits
If interested and QUALIFIED, please send resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: network engineer, it engineer, information technology engineer, mis engineer, support engineer, telecommunications, telecom, software engineer, electrical engineer, it specialist, sw engineer, networking engineer, technical support, telco engineer, administrator