|Job Title||PRODUCTION MANAGER|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
Our client is actively searching for a production manager to be responsible for all plant production operations. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager. This plant has over 100 Non-Union associates and does approx. $15-20MM/year. This is a 4 shift operation
To continually improve the productivity, quality, and safety of the molding operations
Reports to: Plant Manager
Directs: Shift Supervisors –
Interacts with: Process Engineer, Quality Control Manager, Maintenance Manager, Warehouse Manager, Human Resources Manager
1. Establish and insure implementation of operating procedures to continually improve molding efficiency.
2. Insures implementation of quality control procedures that ensures the product meets customer requirements and minimizes scrap.
3. Implements safety procedures and initiatives that continually improves safety performance.
4. Provide the necessary human resources by appropriate staffing, training, motivation and management of the workforce. Continually improves the performance of Shift Supervisors through coaching, development, and performance management.
5. Financial management of budgets and cost control efforts.
Skills, Knowledge, and Behaviors required to fulfill responsibilities:
Education: High School Graduate
Aligning Performance for Success – Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Job Fit – The extent to which activities and responsibilities in the job are consistent with the activities and responsibilities that result in personal satisfaction; the degree to which the work itself is personally satisfying.
Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Planning and Organizing – Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Work Standards – Setting high goals or standards of performance for self, subordinates, others, and organization. Dissatisfied with average performance.
Tolerance For Stress – Stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition.
Vigilance – Maintenance of watchfulness and attention over time.
Supervisory/Managerial experience – at least three years in a manufacturing facility.
Technical – Knowledge of a least one molding process: injection or one of the blow molding processes