|Job Title||Assistant Director of Nursing|
|Location||West Chester, OH|
WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH THE NEXT GENERATION OF NURSES?
Hondros College is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing for our West Chester, OH campus.
M Manage day to day operations of PN Nursing Program on a single campus. Participate in staff/headcount planning, interviewing/selecting, orienting, mentoring, supervising, and evaluating the performance of PN faculty. Directly supervise and manage all PN faculty. Oversee numerous instructional PN clinical sites Manage the implementation and administration of the standardized student assessment program in Level I and II. Manage SON student orientation PN and review of PN student files/records. Teaches courses in emergent situations related to PN or RN as needed. Develop and maintain relationships with all students and respond to day to day issues. Supervises the operations of all nursing programs when DON not available. Other duties and project participation as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises all academic programs as written on single campus when Associate Administrator unavailable
· Supervises, develops, evaluates, and manages PN Program operations
· Follows Governance and committee reporting structures
· Steps in and provides a faculty role as needed in emergent situations
· Provides budgetary input to Associate Administrator
· Assists with implementation of all new programs
· Identifies any resource needs and includes in budget requests
· Assures competent faculty are hired and placed as indicated by numbers and budgetary decisions
· Maintains Faculty Quality & Retention
· Supervises, develops, and evaluates PN faculty
· Assures curriculum taught as written by observation
· Secures clinical sites of quality and quantity for PN programs
· Acts as Liaison for school
· Manages student orientations Level 1 and Level 2
· Supervises student files records with QI spot checks
· Collaborates with Associate Administrator and provides critical communications to single site for process improvement
· Participates in Faculty Organization
· Participates and monitors PN curriculum
· Manages results of committees documentation of subcommittee minutes
· Collects and evaluates data for SPEP as directed
· Implements plans for improvement to ensure student success
· Participates in all accreditation visits
· Supervises standardized testing and remediation initiatives of campus
· Recommends students for tutoring
Professional Role Requirements – Employee & Accreditation
· Follow all employee policies
· Provide an annual self-evaluation to supervisor
· Meet with the supervisor annually to evaluate your performance related to role
· Complete annual faculty development plan on hire and update with documentation of and continuing education received.
· Enhance your own professional development
· Present a professional image toward students, staff, and colleagues
· Provide HR with all required CEUs required to maintain licensure and health documentation
· Record time and BLTO requests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Critical Thinking Abilities
· Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
· Ability to set priorities and organize tasks.
· Ability to coordinate projects independently.
· Ability to coordinate schedules.
· Ability to exercise and initiate sound judgment.
· Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize information and report findings.
· Ability to respond to and resolve sensitive issues and/or escalate to appropriate individual.
· Ability to interact with a variety of individuals at various organizational levels.
Knowledge of Nursing
· Ability to apply an extensive knowledge of nursing standards and guidelines of patient care.
· Ability to apply extensive knowledge of nursing theories and practices as it relates to curriculum development.
· Thorough knowledge of role differentiation of practice between LPN versus RN role.
· Completion of an approved professional nursing program. A minimum of a Master’s Degree
· At least 5 years of experience in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse and prior leadership/managerial experience. A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in a professional nursing program.
For more than 40 years, Hondros College has been helping individuals seeking to find, enter and succeed in a new career. Hondros College Nursing Programs are approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and ACICS. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools