Come be a part of our success story!
We have built USI into a leading national middle market broker with nearly $1.0 billion in revenue, and have uniquely invested in tools and resources to aid our associates in their success. What makes us different is our environment. USI has more than 4,000 dedicated and innovative professionals in approximately 140 offices across the United States, all with their own success stories. Our associates all have one thing in common—the USI team. USI is recognized nationally as a top 10 leader in insurance brokerage and consulting because of our people and our culture as a team based, problem solving environment. We are growing and looking for bright, innovative professionals who can leverage our unique platform.
We are currently looking for an Technical Assistant to join our Premier Properties team. This position is located in our Needham, MA office.
Premier Properties is USI’s wholesaler specializing in insurance protection for Multi-Unit Residential and Commercial Real Estate including garden style apartments, high rises, office buildings, retail strip malls and shopping centers. Coverage also extends to hotel/motels and best-in-class student housing and senior living facilities. Premier has grown from starting out in 2008 with our first client, to over $50 million in premium today. Specialty is Property, GL, NO&H and Umbrella coverage.
Responsibilities (include, but not exclusive to the following):
- Review incoming new business submissions from operating company for completeness. Notify Team Leader and/or account managers initially of any red flags.
- Maintain and update the new business log with submission data including tracking of premium and fees.
- Set up electronic files based on Premier best practices procedures for all incoming new business submissions.
- Complete initial Quick Quote rating worksheets for all incoming new business submissions.
- Assist in location photo searches on the internet, when necessary.
- Assign new business submissions to Premier Account Managers based on current workflow (utilizing the new business Log), with assistance from Premier Operations Manager.
- Update and maintain the master schedule of locations, based on binding or endorsement information from Premier program underwriter/account manager, clearly identifying coverage and sub-limits.
- Respond to the requests of retail sales professionals by answering questions and providing technical expertise to assist them in servicing their clients.
- Assist the team in processing invoices (when necessary) and forward to the appropriate retail Operating Company contact.
- Maintain electronic files accurately and consistently to ensure clear communication, and that all proper documentation is current and easily accessible.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- 1+ years in related position. Insurance background is preferred.
- High level of accuracy and detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Must have strong skills and experience working with spreadsheets and office software including Microsoft Office/Excel.
USI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
No Third Party Recruiters please.