There is currently an urgent need for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with supervisory experience related to substation/transmission engineering to join a stable organization on a full-time basis. This is a terrific opportunity offering exceptional benefits, 401k, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, generous relocation assistance and other outstanding perks.
- Manage the design, property acquisition construction and maintenance support of major electric transmission and substation facilities
- Direct the performance of design assignments including complex electric utility system engineering, design, short circuit studies, etc.
- Develop and manage the development of contract requirements for engineering and construction services
- Review and approve transmission line and substation calculations
- Manage the preparation of design and equipment specifications
- Evaluate bid proposals
- Prepare engineering progress reports dealing with design, construction, manufacturing, and consulting activities
All candidates MUST have the following experiences to qualify for consideration
- Please DO NOT APPLY unless you have a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 10 years of experience working within an electric power utility or similar environment
- Must have deep design experience related to substation, protection & controls and/or transmission facilities along with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory/management role.
- Registered or eligible to hold PE licensure in the state of FL
- Accustomed to utilizing computer models, simulation tools and design software
- Experienced with directing multiple projects and complex activities associated with transmission/substation design and construction
- Able to develop and manage departmental and project budgets
- Knowledge of NERC standards and regulations is a plus
If interested and QUALIFIED, please send resume in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: utility company, utility power, power company, electric company, electrical utility company, gas company, gas utility, water company, water utility, north american electric reliability corporation, n.e.r.c., public utility, public utilities, programming, programmer, project engineer, senior electrical engineer, sr. electrical engineer, sr. ee, electrical engineer, electrical engineering manager, manager of electrical engineering, director of electrical engineering, electrical engineering director, manager of substation engineer, substation engineering manager, manager of transmission engineering, transmission engineering manager, north american electric reliability corporation, federal energy regulatory commission, electric power, substation engineer, transmission engineer, retrofitting, protection and controls, protection & controls, p.e., pe, registered pe, pe registered, licensed pe, pe licensure, pe license