A growing global company located in the Greater Memphis area is looking for a Senior Database Administrator for its corporate office. This position offers many perks and growing with a company.
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing analytical and operational support for the database environment including all aspects of database administration, architecture analysis and design, installation and configuration, performance monitoring and tuning, database security, backup, recovery planning, capacity planning, and troubleshooting. In this role, the Senior DBA will work with architecture, application development and operations to meet current and future business objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards; create and maintain documentation as it relates to configurations
- Works with business and IT partners to eliminate system and application inefficiencies by identifying and resolving routine problems through utilization of various database analysis tools and monitoring of the system to ensure an efficient operation environment.
- Develop, manage, test and tune back-up and recovery plans, SQL Server Replication and High Availability solutions
- Refine physical design of databases to meet storage requirements. Architects and analyzes the organization's database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage
- Work with compliance group to ensure databases meet audit and security standards
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Automate processes with tools internal and external to SQL Server
- Work closely with developers and BI team in writing T-SQL and optimizing database access
- Patch, upgrade, and migrate SQL Server instances.
- Support for Disaster Recovery (DR) and business continuity of DB system
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with company software systems
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Experience with setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting databases in a High Availability environment.
- Experience on performance monitoring and tuning
- Effectively communicate with senior technology and business executives.
- Demonstrates organizational and communications skills - both written and verbal. Be able to effectively communicate with senior technology and business executives
- Must have strong understanding of information security principles and practices as it relates to data administration, storage, transmission, retention and utilization of data.
- Proven ability to deliver on high priority business goals. Should be able to work with minimum direction from senior management and provide direction/mentoring to junior resources in the team
- Be flexible, self-motivated, proactive and results oriented
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple requests to ensure timely response to the users
Experience & Education
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of database (Microsoft SQL 2012-2016 )
- Experience with Oracle and MySQL is a plus
- Advanced T-SQL knowledge
- Well versed on performance troubleshooting and tuning
Send your resume to: email@example.com