My Benefit Advisor (MBA) is an employee benefits consulting firm designed to guide employers through the complexity of planning, communicationg and managing a successful employee benefits program. Our client relationships are driven exclusively through a select group of brokers. The MBA client advisory team consists of talented professionals with wide-ranging areas of expertise to provide our clients with first-class support in all aspects of their employee benefits program. MBA is operated by Emerson, Reid & Co., the largest wholesale employee benefits General Agent in NY, NJ, CT and PA.
My Benefit Advisor is currently looking for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Benefits Communication Specialist in our Westbury office, responsible for ensuring MBA clients are set up with, receive and understand the various enrollment tools and value added resources available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing all implementation requests from internal Account Management team.
• Reviewing requests to ensure sufficient timing, requirements and necessary information.
• Recording and updating requests in the SharePoint database.
• Understanding the Client’s benefits program for the purpose of organizing the information in a clear and easy to understand format to develop employee communication pieces.
• Contacting the Client to make an introduction, re-confirm requested resources and objectives, secure any outstanding data needs, and advising on an estimated completion date.
• Preparing content for Marketing to design guidebooks and benefit videos.
• Writing and recording a voice over script for benefit videos.
• Utilizing a third party point-and-click online system to build online enrollment web portals for employees to learn about their benefits program and make benefit elections.
• Mailing Open Enrollment Hotline cards and introductory letter to Client.
• Activating Client’s access to the MBA Client Portal.
• Facilitating Client set up with third party Wellness vendor.
• Thoroughly reviewing, proofreading, and re-confirming accuracy of all resources prior to delivery to the Client.
• Delivering resources to the Client with a focus on delivering on-time and in a customer service orientated manner (i.e. flexible to Client’s schedule, pace, preferred method – in person/webinar, etc). Objective is to ensure the Client understands the resources, is satisfied, and will deploy them to their employees as intended.
• Making suggestions internally to improve the resources and process from the insight of being the primary person to build and deliver to the Client.
• Sound knowledge of employee benefit programs.
• At least three years of benefits experience required, including all Health and Welfare plans.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both English and Spanish.
• Must have excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to speak articulately and politely on the phone.
• Proficiency with point-and-click technology programs.
• Ability to write clear, concise communication to clients and their employees.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Must work towards a high standard of customer service.
• Demonstrated cooperation and collaboration in team settings.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.