|Corporate Communications Officer 2018|
CARIBBEAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS UNIT
Below is the Opportunity Profile for the position of Corporate Communications Officer, Corporate Communications Unit, at the Caribbean Development Bank
Before you proceed to apply, please consider the following requirements:
1. You must be a national of one of CDB’s member countries.
2. You will be required to produce evidence of any educational and professional qualifications to support your application if you are selected for an interview.
3. All appointments are subject to satisfactory background checks and references.CDB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex or religion. In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following items:
CDB fully respects the need for confidentiality of information supplied and assures you that your background and interest will not be discussed with anyone including references, without your prior consent.
Please submit your résumé online, as indicated on the CDB website, with the required information in Microsoft Word
INTRODUCTIONThe Caribbean Development Bank
THE UNITThe Corporate Communication Unit
THE ROLEReporting to the Head, Corporate Communications, CCO supports the design, implementation and evaluation of the Bank’s communications programme. CCO plans and executes internal and external communication strategies and tactics that will improve employee engagement, strengthen the Bank’s brand, broaden awareness of its programmes, projects and priorities, and increase the knowledge of the impact of its work across key stakeholder audiences.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESThe job will require CCO to:
1. Support the implementation of the Bank’s communication programme and develop actions and tools to engage and inform target publics.
2. Establish, maintain and improve influencer and media relations to earn coverage and mentions on CDB-funded projects, programmes and other activities.
3. Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the Bank’s brand guidelines and key corporate messages.
4. Produce information and knowledge products, including media kits, news releases, feature articles, speeches, booklets, brochures, newsletters and videos.
5. Organise special events and activities such as roundtables, knowledge-sharing and promotional events, news conferences and briefing sessions.
6. Create, edit and update content for CDB’s website and other digital platforms.
7. Measure and evaluate the results of the Unit’s communication programmes to inform communication strategy and planning.
8. Plan and implement internal communication strategies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
CCO should have experience in, and an excellent track record of, building and maintaining successful media and stakeholder relationships, and proven ability to consistently produce positive communication results. The ideal candidate should possess superior speaking, writing, editing and research skills. He/she should be able to work well independently as well is in teams, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment. A sound understanding of, and contacts in, Caribbean and global media would be an asset.
Technical Grounding and Expertise
The successful candidate must have:
1. A first degree in a relevant discipline and postgraduate degree in communication, public relations or marketing.
2. A minimum of six years of professional experience in the field of media and communications including knowledge and competence in digital communications, social media management, web content management and analytics.
3. A good understanding of international development topics and issues.
It would also be advantageous for the successful candidate to have:
• Experience working in regional and/or international media, and in a global development context.
• Experience in graphic design and video production.
• A second language competency
Function-Specific CompetenciesCCO must demonstrate strong capabilities in:
1. Verbal, written and interpersonal communication with the ability to effectively tailor language, tone, style and format to align with target publics, including the media.
2. Research and editorial skills with knowledge of Associated Press style, and the ability to review, edit and write content for publication on wide-ranging channels.3. The design and implementation of complex internal and external communications projects.
4. The production and editing of videos and other multimedia content for multiple platforms.
5. Adobe Creative suite or other similar graphic design applications, still photography and video.
6. Event production and management, with both strategic and tactical competencies.
7. Leadership, diplomacy and negotiation.
Organisational CompetenciesThe successful candidate should demonstrate a strong proficiency in the following competencies:
Competencies and Definitions
Acting as a Champion for Change
Actively identifies problems and opportunities for change and implements solutions where appropriate. Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; and supports people in their efforts to try new things.Acting Decisively
Moves quickly to make decisions and commits to a clear course of action; comfortable making decisions based on partial information; willing to take risks in order to maintain momentum; shows a strong bias toward action.Acting Strategically
Aligns day-to-day activities around broader organisational goals and objectives; prioritises resources based on the strategic objectives of the organisation; recognises and rewards people based on how their actions support the broader needs of the organisation.Championing Customer Needs
Calls attention to issues that impact customer satisfaction; views situations from the perspective of customers; encourages people to think about customers when making decisions and develops and sustains productive customer relationships.Communicating Effectively
Consistently communicates with clarity and thoroughness to optimise audience understanding. Communicates information in a clear, concise, and timely manner. Demonstrates effective speaking and presentation skills.Delivering High Quality Work
Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice.Displaying Technical Expertise
Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialised knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others.Driving for Results
Bottom-line oriented and pushes self and others to achieve results. Keeps current on project status; makes sure people are aware of project status and what they need to do to keep things moving; redirects project resources and activities to overcome setbacks; elevates project concerns to senior levels of leadership when appropriate.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENTThis is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a two-year basis in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. A pension plan, life and medical insurances are included in the benefits package.
|CDB Job Type|
|FTE - Full Time Employee|