Job Title Giant Tiger West - Store Manager - Northern Manito Job Location Winnipeg Job Description
Giant Tiger is a dynamic retailer, offering our customers outstanding value for your family’s money on a variety of products for everyday household needs. You will find a unique and friendly place to shop, where you can discover something new in fashion, home and grocery every day. We are Canadian owned and operated with a strong commitment to the communities in which we operate. Giant Tiger is a solid retailer and employer of choice with over 50 years of success.
Position -- Store Manager
Location -- Northern Manitoba
Rediscover the excitement of retail. Our innovative and no-nonsense approach to retail allows merchants to focus on results and succeed as entrepreneurs. The successful candidate would be looking for a challenging career in a hands-on and fast-paced retail environment.
Imagine making the buying decisions for your store and community! Giant Tiger gives Store Managers the opportunity to use their skills and experience to make the best merchandising and buying decisions for their store and to lead their team towards exceptional results.
- Control over product assortment in a “pull” ordering system environment
- Control labour and overhead costs
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
- Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and takes action as required to address issues
- Lead and control the goals and performance standards for the store
- Recruit and develop new talent
- Manage and motivate all employees, including performance management
- Advance the store’s competitive position within the trading area
- Minimum of 5 years of retail management experience in a high volume store with a minimum of 2 years as a Store Manager
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, buying, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for negotiation and building and maintaining customer and relationships
- Strong merchandising abilities
- Motivated and high-energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of Giant Tiger’s customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and Giant Tiger’s vision, mission, values and strategies
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.