Job Title Giant Tiger West - Store Manager Job Location Rural Saskatchewan Job DescriptionCAREER OPPORTUNITYIf you have a passion for retail and want to be directly involvedin creating A UNIQUE AND FRIENDLY PLACE TO SHOP AND DISCOVERthen this opportunity is for you!POSITION: Store ManagerLOCATION: Various locations in Saskatchewan*Must be able to relocate to a position within the province of Saskatchewan, including rural locations.
Imagine making the buying decisions for your store and community! Giant Tiger gives Store Managers the opportunity to use their skills and experience to make the best merchandising and buying decisions for their store and to lead their team towards exceptional results.
* Control over product assortment in a “pull” ordering system environment
* Control labour and overhead costs
* Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
* Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
* Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and takes action as required to address issues
* Lead and control the goals and performance standards for the store
* Recruit and develop new talent
* Manage and motivate all employees, including performance management
* Advance the store’s competitive position within the trading area
* Minimum of 5 years of retail management experience in a high volume store with a minimum of 2 years as a Store Manager; Big Box experience is an asset
* Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
* Exceptional organizational, buying, planning and prioritizing skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining customer relationships
* A proven leader with strong employee relations skills including demonstrated experience in mentoring and developing staff
* Strong merchandising abilities
* Motivated and high energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of Giant Tiger's customers
* Demonstrate a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and Giant Tiger's vision, mission, values and strategiesA competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.