Giant Tiger junior discount stores specialize in offering family fashion, household products and food to rural and urban centres in Western Canada. As a Master Franchisor, the North West Company owns and operates 31 Giant Tiger stores throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta.
- Control over product assortment in a “pull” ordering system environment
- Control labour and overhead costs
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns and return on investment
- Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
- Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the store and takes action as required to address issues
- Lead and control the goals and performance standards for the store
- Recruit and develop new talent
- Manage and motivate all employees, including performance management
- Advance the store’s competitive position within the trading area
- 5 years of retail experience with a minimum of 2 years as a Store Manager in a high volume store
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a high attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational, buying, planning and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for negotiation and building and maintaining customer and relationships
- Strong merchandising abilities
- Motivated and high-energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of Giant Tiger’s customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and Giant Tiger’s vision, mission, values and strategies
MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO A POSITION WITHIN RURAL ALBERTA
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.