If you have a passion for retail and want to be directly involved
in creating A UNIQUE AND FRIENDLY PLACE TO SHOP AND DISCOVER
then this opportunity is for you!
POSITION: Store Manager
LOCATION: various locations in Alberta
*Must be able to relocate to a position within the province of Alberta, including rural locations.
Imagine making the buying decisions for your store and community!
Giant Tiger gives Store Managers the opportunity to use their skills and
experience to make the best merchandising and buying decisions for their store
and to lead their team towards exceptional results.
* Control over product assortment in a “pull” ordering system
* Control labour and overhead costs
* Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory
turns and return on investment
* Opportunistically drive sales through promotional offerings
* Monitor the level of customer service and satisfaction within the
store and takes action as required to address issues
* Lead and control the goals and performance standards for the store
* Recruit and develop new talent
* Manage and motivate all employees, including performance
* Advance the store’s competitive position within the trading area
* Minimum of 5 years of retail management experience in a high
volume store with a minimum of 2 years as a Store Manager; Big Box experience
is an asset
* Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with
a high attention to detail
* Exceptional organizational, buying, planning and prioritizing
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal
skills with an aptitude for building and maintaining
* A proven leader with strong employee relations skills including
demonstrated experience in mentoring and developing staff
* Strong merchandising abilities
* Motivated and high energy with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth
understanding of Giant Tiger's customers
* Demonstrate a personal and enthusiastic commitment to NWC and
Giant Tiger's vision, mission, values and strategies
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.