OPPORTUNITY: Assistant Category Manager – Fur Marketing
DEPARTMENT: NWC Services
REPORTS TO: Manager, Fur Marketing
· Maintains and leads the day to day activities in generating profitable sales and growth
· Enters store generated purchase orders into a daily spreadsheet & supplies accounts at head office all data recorded on a weekly, monthly basis.
· Monitors sales at the store level using Corporate radar and Retek programs;
· Receive and process orders
(assisted or auto) generated at NCR/ACC locations on all Fur Marketing Branch merchandise.
· Processes any returns from store levels and puts inventory back into Fur Marketing Branch system
· Properly grades tanned fur & leather merchandise accordingly to market value & prices article for NCR/ACC locations
· Packs and ships store generated orders in a timely manner & researches cheapest method of transportation required to get merchandise to final destination
· Enters new products and product updates into the system
· Keeps track of inventory, places orders and investigates missing orders when needed.
· Receive and investigate all help desk items in a timely fashion
· Develop processes and strategies to increase efficiency
· Work on planograms for stores, keep up to date
· Develops and informs NCR Managers and District Managers of any new Automatic Ordering shells recently created then develops and implements as needed
· Plan for the year distribution of Automatic Ordering’s with proper timing
· Monitors NCR locations inventory levels through RETEK and Corporate Radar and informs the store Managers when supply is needed or low
· Build strong relationships with all vendors and suppliers
· Negotiate the best possible price with vendors in order to achieve maximum margins
· Maintains direct contact with all vendors associated with Fur Marketing Branch making sure all products that are ordered will be delivered in a timely manner
· Keeps merchandise up to date and orders as needed. Monitors delivery and follows up as needed.
· Negotiates and presents ideas to suppliers to be mutually beneficial.
· Minimum 2 years’ with management experience required
· Knowledge of tanned fur and or fur accessories and or craft supplies, fabric and yarn will be considered an asset or must be willing to learn
· Strong organization/time management skills , with the ability to multitask, prioritize and escalate tasks appropriately
· Capable of operating independently with very minimal direction
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which usually requires fact, diplomacy, and discretion.
· Strong PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
· Experience with analyzing data, using trends and comparisons reports to understand business cases and forecasts
· Ability to influence, add value and/or challenge decisions when necessary
· Ability to foresee problems and proactively implement solutions
· Able to work remotely with head office staff to implement processes or learn how they work.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.