POSITION: Manager, Benefits
Regular Full Time
Human Resources Department
REPORTS TO: Director, Compensation & Benefits
SUMMARY: Directs the effective design and delivery of pension and benefits programs that enable the business to attract, retain and motivate employees. Ensure compliance to legislative and company policy as it relates to benefits.
- Directs the administration of and communication relating to Employee Benefits and pension.
- Directs compliance with policy, legislation and governance requirements in all provinces & territories for pension and benefits.
- Manages and assesses vendor relations, vendor and service agreements, and program effectiveness.
- Lead implementation of program changes, updates, monthly, quarterly or annual benefit program renewals and enrollment drives.
- Assess effectiveness of programs and recommends design changes that support NWC strategy and value offer.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience managing employee benefits programs.
· Certified Employee Benefit Specialist certification or relevant post-secondary education in business or human resources management.
· Knowledge of current trends in employee benefit program design, government programs and all applicable legislation.
· Must possess strong project planning and organizational skills.
· Experience with pension and retirement program and related governance is preferred.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong analytical skills with an understanding of statistics and the ability to accurately manipulate numerical data is preferred.
· A strong sense of innovation and an orientation towards continuous improvement is preferred.
· Well-developed understanding of HRMS, ERP benefit system administration is required.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. This offer is complimented by an equal opportunity work environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The North West Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will continue to ensure our work force represents the communities that we serve. We encourage qualified aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women to apply for positions with our company.