l Minimum BS in Mechanical Engineering – MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
l 2 years of experience developing test methods for product functional validation and/or designing and developing mechanical test benches, or 4 years of experience as a test lab technician.
l Experience in Data Acquisition, Machine Automation and control.
l Demonstrated can-do attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile.
l Consistently puts forth best effort in an attempt to achieve the highest standards of performance.
l Self-starter, takes initiative to overcome obstacles.
l Strong written and verbal communication skills.
l Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills and the ability to contribute effectively to a team approach to problem solving.
l Ability to work well in dynamic, multi-disciplined team environment (will be expected to quickly assume a leadership role in some areas).
l Seeks self-improvement and responsibility.
l Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal guidance but with potential conflicting priorities and deadlines.
l Adaptable – perform tasks assigned even if it’s not core competency.
l Willing to mentor or be mentored.
l Able to work overtime if the deadlines require it.
l Experience using Microsoft Office.
l Conceptualization of test method and protocol to test and/or validate the functional performance of sealing components.
l Experience with test equipment for functional product testing.
l Experience designing manual and computer controlled production test equipment.
l Understanding of electronic design principles, also prefer a familiarity with pneumatic and hydraulic design principles.
l Programming experience with LabView, or Visual Basic is highly desirable.
l Familiarity with CAD software (AutoCAD or UG) and CAE software (ABAQUS)
l Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methodology is preferred.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Develop test method and protocol to test and/or validate the functional performance of sealing components.
- Implement and conduct product functional testing.
- Plan, design, and manufacture of test equipment for functional product testing.
- Analyze test results in relation to design specifications and test objectives.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components for products, such as industrial machinery or equipment, and measuring instruments.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems, such as redesign.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Review project instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements fabrication, assembly and testing.
- Set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
- Support prototype lab(s) in making many types of rubber or rubber related components.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods.
- Prepare and submit reports of test results to engineering department and make product improvement recommendations if appropriate.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
- Estimate cost factors, including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, and installing.
A condition of employment requires that the incumbent learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.
Internal applicants: Please complete a self nomination form, located on the FNGP portal under Resources:HR:Forms:General, and send to your Division HR Lead, along with a copy of your resume.
Agencies / Direct Placement: Freudenberg-NOK (FNGP) has a team of dedicated recruiters who are responsible for all hiring needs within FNGP. Our practice is to partner and work with our approved vendors only and on an as needed basis. FNGP has identified and finalized our list of preferred vendors for the calendar year and the review process has been closed. We do not accept resumes from recruiting agencies that are not a preferred vendor, have not been authorized or approved by Corporate Recruiting to partner on a position and have not signed FNGP\'s vendor agreement. Any resumes submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited, and FNGP will not be obligated to pay a referral fee.
As a condition of employment, the incumbent shall learn, abide by and sponsor the Guiding Principles of the Freudenberg Group.