|Job Title||Labor Union Staff Recruiter|
The California Nurses Association
NNU is the nation’s largest union and professional association of registered nurses, and at the forefront of national efforts to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the U.S. to a single-payer style healthcare system, along with rekindling the movement for progressive social change.
CNA/NNU are also well known for negotiating premiere collective bargaining contracts for registered nurses, for sponsoring the nation’s foremost safe staffing law, for organizing campaigns that have made it one of the fastest-growing unions in the U.S., and for innovative, award-winning political campaigns. NNU has 185,000 members in all 50 states.
The ideal candidate has:
· developed a personal national network of experienced union staff professionals, AFL-CIO constituency groups, social change organizations and community activists
· a proven track record at generating numerous applications from skilled and qualified candidates in regions around the country.
· familiarity with the job requirements of experienced labor representatives, organizers and lead organizers, as well as support and senior level staff
· Extensive experience in interviewing and screening techniques in person and over the phone
· has successfully screened veteran union staff, verifying their skills, accomplishments, priorities and references.
Other necessary qualifications include some travel and the ability to contact working candidates during evenings and weekends. Position requires strong Internet search skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills. Candidates should be self starters, who enjoy working closely with others. This position is based in Oakland, CA.
NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, experienced labor union staff recruiters of all backgrounds, to apply.