This position will lead the engineering team for the Air Disc Brake (ADB) engineering group in North America, which will have responsibility for the successful completion of engineering projects, change requests, and the development and execution of the technical strategy for the product line and is responsible for field support for current products, improvement of current products and development of new products.
- This position organizes and directs a broad range of diversified and complex engineering technical activities within the Air Disc Brake business team.
- Responsible for the execution of approved policy decisions and must demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects and developing standards for diverse engineering activities.
- Provides leadership, project supervision, co-ordination and guidance to the engineering department according to established priorities and is committed to developing a strong group of technical engineers who have the skill-set necessary to develop innovative technologies.
- Utilizes resources both internal to the organization and external to ensure project priorities are accomplished.
- Drive development projects according to the PDC (Product Development & Commercialization) process, ensuring compliance for all projects.
- Responsible for the planning of engineering projects and resources. Has accountability for program deliverables and timely completion. Proactively anticipates, identifies, and mitigates potential difficulties in order to ensure project outcomes are met.
- Participates as the product technical lead in long-term project planning decisions; working with the Product Director to define next generation product requirements and specifications.
- Continually monitor and drive competitive benchmark technology and engineering process landscapes to identify industry and technology trends. Using this knowledge to develop strategies for new or complementary products, technologies, or processes.
- Drive continuous improvement in the assigned areas of responsibility, using Six Sigma tools & lean methodologies.
- Communicates with customers and suppliers to ensure that products meet required specifications.
- Drive and lead DFMEA, FMEA and DVP&R process
- Responsible for setting, maintaining, tracking and meeting relevant department KPIs.
- Excellent communicator both oral and written, problem solver and team player who motivates those around him.
- Highly professional and ethical.
- Creative thinker, strong leadership skills, self-starter, knowledgeable, strategic thinker.
- Sets uncompromising standards for excellence.
- Growth oriented mindset with demonstrated innovation experience
- Able to handle multiple conflicting priorities and interface with sales, marketing, and engineering
- Able to work in a cross-functional team in a dynamic working environment including international team members
- Knowledgeable in engineering design processes throughout product life cycle (concept, development, product support, end of life).
- Knowledge of TS16949 & ISO9001 standards.
- Knowledge of statistical and six-sigma methodologies including Thought Process Map, Design of Experiments (DOE), Fishbone, etc.
- Knowledge of principles and theories of the engineering profession.
- Sound understanding of the engineering organization.
- Solid project management skills.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering roles with progressively more responsible positions
- Prior experience of directly managing and/or supervising engineering staff preferred
- Direct relevant experience in the commercial vehicle or automotive industries is preferred
- A vehicle technology background with a proven track record of successes and experience in managing engineering projects within the commercial vehicle or automotive industries.
- Proficiency with structured development processes which includes FMEA’s, DVP&R, etc. Ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience leading DFEMA processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent professional experience preferredTS1