As a member of our Core Audit Team, you will:
- examine financial and accounting records, other documents, and tangible items such as plant and equipment or watching certain processes or procedures being performed
- ask a range of questions from formal written questions to informal oral questions of a range of individuals at the organization
- obtain written confirmations of a certain matters; for example, asking a debtor to confirm the amount of their debt with the organization
- test some of the organization's internal controls
- make judgments on significant estimates or assumptions that management made when they prepared the financial report
Our auditors maintain independence from management and directors so that the tests and judgments are made objectively.
Our Industrial Products practice serves companies that supply B2B goods and services within the supply chain. This includes companies in the following industry sectors:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Engineering & Construction
- Forest, Paper & Packaging
- Industrial Manufacturing
- Transportation & Logistics
- Considerable knowledge of public accounting audit practices and procedures. Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards.
- Thorough knowledge of first level review of basic audit work reports produced by associates.
- Demonstrates thorough technical skills regarding applicable accounting and reporting standards in researching, completing and reviewing audit areas; working experience designing engagement procedures based on risk, materiality and discussions with the engagement team.
- Demonstrates some knowledge of the Industrial Products industry.
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
- BA or BS in Accounting or business related field (provided that the candidate has demonstrated the required minimum number of hours for CPA licensure per respective state regulations)
- CPA exam must be passed for promotion to senior associate, licensure preferred