|Lake Charles, LA|
Ohmstede Ltd. An EMCOR Company, is the largest manufacturer of shell and tube heat exchangers in the United States. We offer our clients fully integrated turnaround, specialty maintenance, and heat exchanger fabrication via our state-of-the-art repair and fabrication facilities. Through the years, we've earned our customer's trust and a reputation for expert quality service, accountability, and for being a single point of responsibility on all the projects we manage ---- regardless of project size or tight deadlines.
Job Title: Drafter
Job Summary: Ohmstede Ltd. has an immediate need for a Drafter in Lake Charles, LA.. Using computer aided drafting programs, the Drafter produces or revises fabrication drawings for Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers as directed by the Design Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· When job is assigned, reviews job assignment with Design Engineer.
· Load design information into computer and generate drawings.
· Check generated drawings against design calculations/sketches, customer drawings and applicable codes.
· Make changes and draw details as necessary. Draw all drawings not generated by computer.
· Calculate dimensions of parts and materials.
· Finishes Bill of Materials when drafting is completed.
· Modify drawings as directed by Design Engineer.
· Perform file maintenance of individual computer systems.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Knowledge – Formal drafting training from accredited institution or comparable experience, strong math background, Experience with Shell & Tube fabrication is preferred, Experience with ASME coded pressure vessel is preferred.
Skills – Must be able to use drafting hardware and software
Working Conditions – Normal office and shop environment. Prolonged sitting and exposure to CRT.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V