|Fire Sprinkler Senior Designer|
Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of
EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design/Build method of
construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to
our clients. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and
the only one with all eight M.E.P
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced engineering staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their engineering knowledge and gain valuable work experience.
Shambaugh & Son is proud to be the Design-Builder of 5 U.S. Food Plant of the Year award winning facilities since 1990! No one else in the U.S. has been recognized more than twice. We have reached this seemingly impossible achievement by not only building buildings so our clients can build their business, but by striving for excellence in everything we do! We bring “value added” with not only our unique Design-Build, self-perform approach, but leverage our industry’s #1 Food Plant experienced team to design streamlined, significantly more efficient plants and improved processes.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title: Fire Protection Designer - Chicago, IL
Design Fire Protection Systems for all types of
projects including Industrial, Commercial and Residential. Perform layout using
AutoCad/ HydraCad. Create Hydraulic Calculations & Pipe Lists for
Pre-fabrication. Must be efficient, organized and work well with Design Team.
We are a pro-electronic company
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design & Layout of Fire Sprinkler Systems
· Hydraulic Calculations
· Field Surveying
· Listing for Fabrication
· Coordination Between Trades
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline preferred or equivalent experience. Examples include: Architectural, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management Degrees
· NICET Level III a plus
· High Mechanical Interest
· 5 years minimum experience in the Fire Protection Design Field.
· 5 years minimum of AutoCad experience
· HydraTech experience
· Ability to multi-task to the extreme
· Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
· Excellent communicator, self-motivated individual with great organizational skills
· Only applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered
· Candidates must successfully complete employment background check.
Visit us at www.Shambaugh.com to learn "What we do and How we do it."
If you are interested in joining a growing team of engineer and construction professionals, please submit your resume to www.Shambaugh.com
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V