Under the direction of plant supervision, the position performs all aspects of machine operation to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform machine operation on the following machines, but not limited to: Elsner, Capper, Labeler, Induction Sealer, and Shrink Wrapper. Maintain continuous machine operation without interruptions.
- Complete cleaning/sanitization of machines according to established guidelines.
- Complete troubleshooting of above listed machine(s) while maintaining the quality product. May be required to make adjustments to machines and material on machines to ensure the proper function of machine.
- Complete quality checks utilizing a ruler or scale. Make necessary adjustments (i.e. weights, torques) to ensure quality of product. Document results accurately and completely.
- Complete set-up or changeover of machines to include loading with components, solution, and packaging materials.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized production line and work area.
- Assist with waste removal from line and/or plant.
- Assist with packing duties, (i.e. palletizing, packing cases, as needed).
- Observe all safety and quality procedures while completing required duties.
- Process all required paperwork accurately and timely.
- Requires a high school diploma, or general education degree (GED), and one to three years of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to learn computer programs, i.e. inventory & manufacturing software, spreadsheets.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to complete daily reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate to co-workers and supervisor.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractures, and decimals. Ability to use formulas to convert weights and measurements (i.e. converting grams to pounds).
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.