|Job Title||Educator (NNU) - Oakland, CA|
After appropriate orientation, Educators design and teach one day courses on health care restructuring, issues impacting nursing practice, and basic principles of political economy for Registered Nurses. Additionally, Educators may design and teach semester length courses for the National Nurses United-Department of Women's and Gender Studies joint online certificate program in Global Women’s Health Leadership at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
These are not traditional labor educator positions.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
· Strong commitment to social justice
· At least one advanced degree, doctorate highly desirable
· Ability and willingness to travel
· Excellent qualitative social research skills
· Experience in working closely with others as part of a successful team.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Familiarity in teaching successful intensive workshops
· Ability to teach complex material in a way that is accessible to a broad audience
· Experience teaching complex global issues of political economy
· Valid driver's license
Highly desirable attributes include familiarity with the epistemological problematic inherent in computerized expert systems and the impact on worker control, workplace power and skill, labor process studies, complex organizational analysis, the philosophy of science generally, and the social aspects of technological design and implementation.
The positions are based in the San Francisco Bay area and offer an excellent salary and benefits package that includes a pension and full family medical and dental coverage, including coverage for domestic partners.
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and writing sample in PDF or Word format and complete the online application form at the link below. At your option, you may submit an outline of a one-day educational workshop and/or a one to three page description of the best training session, class or workshop you have conducted and the intended audience.
Please click APPLY button.
Please no phone calls.
NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women, researchers and educators of all backgrounds, to apply.