|Job Title||Linux Administrator|
|Location||North Olmsted, OH|
|Job Type||Full-Time Regular|
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides ongoing research and analysis activities to investigate new technologies and tools which may be used by company personnel to more effectively and efficiently perform their job functions.
2. Set and meet deadlines and commitments.
3. Manage multiple job functions simultaneously.
4. Produces accurate and detailed systems and procedural documentation.
5. Creates and deploys standardized configurations.
6. Works with inter-departmental peers and end-users to provide technical advice.
7. Lead engineer on projects including research, design, and implementations that cross systems and departments.
8. Implements, and maintains Linux system backups.
9. Assist in optimizing the current system to improve security, stability and manageability.
10. Works with vendors to coordinate vendor installations.
11. Supports patch management, systems security and data protection methodologies per interdepartmental policies and procedures.
12. Support change management procedures, security policies and procedures, and the business strategy as defined by management.
13. In addition to the above-mentioned essential functions, the Linux Engineer will consistently demonstrate following qualitative characteristics:
· Presents themselves professionally, including quality, reliability, conciseness and usability of information in all verbal and written communications.
· Proactively maximize each system’s usability for the intended purpose.
· Seeks to increase technical and non-technical knowledge.
· Teamwork to include providing technical leadership to IT peers and maintaining a positive working relationship with IT personnel and the company business units.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience equivalent to education.
· A minimum of 5 years UNIX server administration experience with a least 3 years supporting CentOS/Redhat Linux.
· Experience with RHEL server design, administration and troubleshooting.
· Experience configuring and supporting various applications in Linux including Apache, Tomcat, PHP, etc.
· Experience with UNIX server security including system hardening, application security, and patch management.
· Experience managing systems using Redhat Satellite/Spacewalk and Puppet.
· Knowledge of disaster recovery methods and procedures.
· Experience with networking protocols and applications such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SSL, FTP, SCP, etc.
· Experience configuring and using server monitoring tools
· Knowledge of Oracle databases operating on Redhat Linux.
· Experience administering and supporting LDAP.
· Background managing and working with storage technologies such
· Knowledge of fiber channel storage concepts for zoning, WWN, multipathing, and FC disks a plus.
· File system management of EXT3/4, NFS3/4, iSCSI, VXFS, and LVM.
· Experience troubleshooting clustered/load balanced environments. LVS, F5 a plus.
· Knowledge of MS Windows based systems and applications a plus.???
· Experience deploying and managing servers in a VMWare ESX virtual environment a plus.
· Familiarity with source control systems, such as SVN, and git a plus.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Ability to solve technical problems quickly and completely, and to identify processes that can be automated or changed to be managed easier. Ability to program in an administrative language and to support multiple projects simultaneously.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Will share on-call responsibilities, night and weekend work hours, both with support and projects. Travel up to 15% may be required. Able to rack equipment up to 50 lbs.