Director of Business Development for Phase 2-4 full service
The Company: Our client was founded in 1986 and is a full service CRO specializing in phase 1-4 clinical trials.
The Director of Business Development - will take overall responsibility for developing long-term relationships between our client and their new business growth and strategic accounts. Such relationships will lead to the achievement of sales objectives and position the company for future growth and expansion.
This position is directed toward significantly developing the Company's presence in the Mid Atlantic. The Business Developer is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical account plans toward achieving sales targets of company’s services including phase 1-4 full service.
- Meets or exceeds revenue growth goals for the sales territory.
- Ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of the company’s services to prospective pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
- Develop and assess new and existing business and sales strategies for the company's existing and future services through communication with management and the business units of the company.
- Advise management in negotiation and alignment of contracts with regard to long-term strategy. This may include instruments, consumables and custom revenue generating programs.
- Provide information such as forecasts, competitive activity, call and expense reports and sales activity plans weekly, monthly or biannually as required.
- Maintain and enhance technical knowledge on company services to the extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan.
The Director of Business Development has an indirect responsibility for managing the sales, service, and support personnel for their accounts.
Can you truly answer yes to the following criteria? If so, please apply to this position. If not, please do not apply for this position, as only those candidates that meet all of the requirements will be considered.
- Bachelor of Science degree. Additional college level courses in sales, account management, marketing or business preferred.
- Ability to effectively discern the value of a business transaction and the customer’s “business need” so the company may effectively service this customer while meeting revenue and profitability goals.
- The Director of Business Development should have a minimum of 5 years of successful business development sales experience selling phase 1 and or Bioanalytical services to major pharmaceutical and biotech accounts.
- The Director of Business Development must have the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with the highest levels of management at both the account and the company. Presentation skills are essential to successful completion of job.
- An understanding and ability to develop and implement tactical account plans, action plans and account profiles is essential.
- A basic understanding of contract negotiation and developing RFP volume is important.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- The ability to illustrate goal setting and achievement is critical to the acceptance qualifications for this position.
- Ambition, energy level and work ethic are critical components to the successful candidate seeking this position.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time as this territory and the requirements to meet the desired outcomes are extensive.
Base Salary: $110,000 to $130,000 Commensurate with experience
Commissions: $80,000 at plan with no cap on total compensation
Benefits: 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO