Salary $120k plus generous bonus and benefits package
Small IT shop - 3-4 direct reports
The Director of IT Information Technology will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for managing the company’s IT Infrastructure and Application Services staff and ensuring the stable operation of the firm’s IT Operation. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly ERP applications and reporting, network infrastructure, server infrastructure, network storage solutions, data communications, and telecommunications systems. This role will also be responsible for development of strong vendor partnerships and the implementation of best practices to ensure that performance (availability, scalability, reliability) and security requirements are met.
Essential Job Function
- Deliver cost-effective and right-sized infrastructure solutions in support of business objectives and corporate strategic direction.
- Ensure Operational support of all IT infrastructure and systems on a 24 x 7 basis.
- Direct/ control the use of third-party resources wherever necessary to provide delivery and/or maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Accountable for the delivery of technology infrastructure in accordance with established technology standards and industry best practices.
- Manage the day to day operational relationship with key strategic vendors and outsourced service providers
- Managing the resourcing and participation of Infrastructure staff in IT Projects.
- Managing change management and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring Infrastructure projects progress and performance.
- Implement and support Operational Metrics to support fact based analysis.
- Implement, improve and support monitoring and alerts to prevent/detect system faults.
- Managing Technical competency and skills training to ensure technical proficiency of the staff.
- Ensure Disaster Recovery Plans are in place, adequately tested and maintained for all key infrastructure components.
- Ensure Business Continuity Plans exist, are adequately tested and maintained for key applications.
- Implementing IT infrastructure systems based on global standards.
- Participate and lead some topic areas in establishing global standards.
- Develop working relationship with groups within or outside of IT to help implement technical solutions.
- Flexible schedule as this job may require extended support hours, occasional night, weekend and some on-call work as deemed necessary
- Managing the daily tasks of the infrastructure team members
Skills, Education and Experience
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or demonstrate equivalent training or technical experience. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years proven management and leadership of IT Infrastructure team responsible for the successful operations of the company’s data centers, servers, communications hardware, operating systems, and data and voice networks in a large-scale enterprise
- 10+ years total IT infrastructure experience, with particular emphasis on Microsoft and Cisco technologies.
- Experience with AS400 a plus
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Windows, SharePoint, VMWare, lights out management
- Strong experience in managing and troubleshooting MPLS WAN, LANs, traditional and IP telephony, videoconferencing, unified communications.
- Strong experience managing and troubleshooting user-level hardware (Windows PCs, laptops, Blackberry mobile devices)
- Operational understanding of storage (SAN/NAS) and backup technologies and management in a high availability environment.
- Experience with designing, implementing, and testing disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Written communications skills sufficient to write reports and business correspondences in an organized and concise fashion.
- Microsoft, Cisco certifications a plus
- ITIL foundation certification a plus
- PMI certification a plus
- Ability to provide input and guidance to senior management necessary to meet the strategic long-term goals relative to technology direction
- Direct experience successfully managing external vendors, independent consultants and contractors
- Experience with information technology security solutions and practices
- Strong business focus and customer service mentality
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to build, motivate and lead high performing teams
- Good problem resolution skills
- Verbally present complex concepts and technical information to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic, professional manner.
- Knowledge of MS Office products including Project, Word and Visio.