|Job Title||Storage Admin - (Heavy Unix) - 1 yr contract|
|Location||San Antonio, TX|
|Job Type||Contract Full-Time|
Rate $50-65/hr - 1 yr contract
· Ability to provision SAN and NAS-based disk storage, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
· Ability to understand and maintain RAID configurations, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
· Ability to trouble-shoot UNIX system related problems.
· Ability to develop, debug and maintain shell scripts.
· Ability to produce documentation related to any and all activities.
· Ability to generate metrics to trend system performance.
· Ability to generate metrics to trend disk storage consumption.
· Ability to audit logs to ensure conformance to security standards.
· Ability to understand and maintain system Logical Volume Manager
· Ability to perform data / operating system backups and recovery.
· Ability to initialize operating systems based on standards.
· Ability to schedule and perform software patches, upgrades and maintenance.
· Ability to schedule and perform hardware maintenance and firmware upgrades.
· Ability to tune systems and I/O for optimal performance.
· Ability to implement appropriate system and data redundancy measures.
· Ability to understand and maintain user accounts, group memberships, and printer configurations.
· Ability to update and maintain assigned formal change requests.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
· Experience with Storage Area Network
· Experience with Network Attached Storage
· Experience with EMC Storage Enclosures
· Experience with IBM Storage Enclosures
· Experience with NetApp Storage Enclosures
· Experience with AIX and LINUX
· Experience with EMC Powerpath
· Experience with XIV Host Attachment Kit
· Experience with Tivoli Storage Manager