Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and maintain relationships between producers/agents, medical professionals and Company through products and programs, strategic planning, risk selection, pricing and quality control, and public relations. The Marketing Director is responsible for increasing acceptance of the Company brands by producers/agents, insureds and prospective insureds, and business partners.
- Develop and implement a long-range marketing plan that supports the Company’s strategic objectives using financial and market management techniques.
- Direct and assist in translating overall strategic objectives into annual marketing and policyholder program objectives.
- Evaluate sales and profit results by line, class, producer/agent, and direct corrective or improvement actions to maintain or accelerate meeting overall objectives.
- Direct and maintain active relationships with the producer/agent distribution network to promote Company's products and services and encourages submission of targeted business.
- Analyze competitive environment, including rate and product activity of competitors, to ensure that coverage and services are available and attractive to producers/agents and physicians.
- Recommend the development of new and improved products and services, including development of marketing strategies.
- Resolves problems and eliminates difficulties or impediments that producers/agents may have in submitting business to Company.
- Organize the annual Producers’ Meeting.
- Act as a liaison with internal departments to resolve marketing issues and address concerns.
- Accomplish special projects and goals as assigned.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Perform related duties as assigned by Senior Vice President.
- Maintain compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements/Attributes:
- Bachelor of Science degree in business or related field.
- MBA and/or other business certification desirable (e.g., CPCU).
- Active Producer License in Property and Casualty required.
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the medical professional liability insurance market preferred, but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial insurance marketing plans and techniques, working knowledge of all commercial lines of property and casualty business as evidenced by successful career progression in these functions.
- Ability to establish and implement general business procedures and practices.
- Proven managerial and planning experience.
- Ability to work accurately under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Strong organization and follow-up skills, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel (including driving a passenger vehicle) regionally on a regular basis.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to overall mission of the Company.