Summary: Underwrites new and renewal business.
Specific Position Responsibilities
- Reviews new business submissions, determines acceptability/insurability and prepares premium quotations and proposals.
- Reviews new business applications, determines insurability, develops appropriate premium and issues insurance binders to applicants, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Reviews renewal applications, evaluates losses and loss ratio, determines appropriate premium and issues renewal terms to policyholders, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Presents quotations/proposals to policyholders, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Utilizes PREP process effectively to assure appropriate physician input into risk-taking decision.
- Maintains active liaison with assigned accounts.
- Researches emerging underwriting issues, reviews alternative solutions and develops underwriting position papers.
- Determines appropriate response to customer inquiries to assure maximum policyholder satisfaction and communicates response directly with policyholders, their employees or insurance representatives.
- Assures optimal customer service rendered with each policyholder contact.
- Represents and markets Company at Outreach presentations.
- Maintains electronic/paper files for assigned accounts in good and businesslike condition.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Insurance or medical background required; experience in professional liability desirable. INS, CPCU, RPLU desirable. Excellent oral and written communication skills together with strong analytical skills required. Word processing/spreadsheet required. Mathematical skills and use of calculator necessary. Professional and service oriented individual. Ability to work and cope in a high pressure, sometimes stressful job. Must enjoy fast-paced environment. Ability to travel in Illinois (mostly day trips). Driver's license required.