Electrical Engineer - Asheville, NC
This role supports the Recovery Boilers, Causticizing process, and Utility areas from an electrical maintenance engineering standpoint while working as a team member to improve safety and productivity. The primary duties of this job is to support reliability and improvement efforts through managing engineering projects, support troubleshooting, implement projects, and support hourly craftsmen as needed. Keep updated programs on file for all plc controls and programs. Work with electrical and mechanical project engineering on capital projects. Fill in as supervisor during Electrical Supervisor’s absence. Assist Electricians in Instrument and control trouble shooting. Ensure correct electrical Preventive Maintenance procedures are in place.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Manage, direct, and co-ordinate all electrical and instrument projects in area. Keep up to date records on all plc programs in the area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate maintenance outages and project implementation. Responsible for all transformer maintenance in area. Order parts for contractors when working on cost plus jobs.
- Insure that proper training and tools are available for the E&I hourly employees. Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Responsible for timekeeping, vacation scheduling, and other duties as assigned when the supervisor is not here.
- Work with the E&I supervisor to ensure all hourly E&I employees are trained and knowledgeable and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Responsible for effective employee relations and provide coaching and training for the E&I hourly employees when filling in for the supervisor.
- Stay current with new control technologies through self-study, hands on, and training.
- Be a second line of defense for the hourly electricians as related to troubleshooting.
- BS Electrical Engineering
- AC drive knowledge
- AC Frequency drive knowledge
- Instrumentation and Loop knowledge- how to tune/calibrate (Honeywell preferred)
- DCS familiarity
- PLC’s (AB preferred) and controls
- 7-10 years in heavy industry (Pulp/Paper Preferred)
- Skilled at developing reliability plans for switch gear, transformers, battery backup’s, 2300v motors, starters, etc.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to, manage projects, lead people and get results
- Engineering Skills, manage contractors on new installations
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
- Knowledge of business and management principles
Please forward resume(s) to email@example.com
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net