Safety Specialist/Manager – Memphis, TN
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To maintain product quality and awareness with the teams.
- Plan and coordinate health and safety programs requiring application of engineering principles and technology to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational hazards.
KEY AREAS OF ACTIVITY AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Drive corrective/preventive action activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs, policies, and practices for monitoring and preventing physical, chemical, and biological hazards at the facility.
- Establish and maintain a rapport with the shop floor personnel.
- Provide engineering solutions to continually improve the workplace to provide a safe, ergonomic environment for the employees.
- Maintain systems and certifications for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, as applicable.
- Actively manage recordable injuries, first aid incidents, and near miss incidents from the care of the employee to correcting the cause of the injury (includes worker compensation reviews).
- Work closely with managers/supervisors, and all employees at the production facilities.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Interface with internal and external customers as required to resolve quality issues.
- Develop and facilitate training for workers on issues related to health and safety, consistent with similar programs at other sites within the business unit.
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish QHSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct regular audits of the facilities to look for unsafe practices and conditions. Ensure that immediate corrections are made.
- Maintain awareness of new developments in the industry, OSHA, and other governmental regulations.
- Develop plan outlining what would be involved to obtain OHSA 18001 / ISO 45001 certification.
- Lead safety and accident investigation committees to promote safety and health through proactive measures.
- Help develop job safety analysis for specified equipment and/or processes.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by your assigned manager.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a manufacturing facility with heavy Safety and training background.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Health & Safety, or other related field.
- Self-starter that is able to work in an independent manner.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to train all levels of the organization, across all shifts of operation.
- Keep abreast of the latest trends/developments in Quality, Safety, and Environmental practices through regular formal training.
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net