SUPPLY CHAIN AND PURCHASING MANAGER / DIRECTOR
(Local area candidates preferred)
The Supply Chain and Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing raw material, packaging, inventory, and third party logistic strategies. This role is responsible for supply assurance, negotiating with existing and potential suppliers, and securing best overall value (including quality, lead times, reliability, safety, cost, and service levels) within the overall corporate strategies. This position works closely with Operations, Sales, Customer Service, Shipping, Finance, and Quality, provides leadership in problem solving, price negotiations, cost containment strategies and enhancing supplier relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages purchasing team and align goals and activities based on priorities.
- Manages supplier relationships in coordination with VP, Sales and works to expand/improve existing relationships while also pursuing new beneficial relationships.
- Prepares and Leads price negotiations strategies /tactics; avoids and/or mitigates increases and monitors feedstocks, currency, volumes and leverage points to proactively lower prices.
- Responsible for managing third party logistic relationships (LTL, TL, and Tankers) to supplement internal fleet, and to negotiate short term and long term agreements.
- Responsible to manage all strategic and tactical sourcing tasks, site purchasing operations, and supplier meetings for chemicals and packaging to drive roadmaps to improve quality and performance.
- Leads internal teams and supplier forums to drive supply chain cost improvements and cost roadmaps to provide competitive and aligned product pricing roadmaps to its customers.
- Evaluates potential and existing suppliers based on the required performance specifications, quality and cost.
- Partners with Management, Quality, Planning, Operations and our suppliers to improve quality, inventory management, safety, and reliability.
- Leads BIDS, negotiations and agreements on services, equipment and expansions.
- Proactively assesses the risk of supply interruption situations, puts in place remedial action and corrective measures.
- Manages emergency supply chain situations. Owns supplier problem solving, responsiveness, strategies to support production and negotiates returns.
- Develops and maximizes automation tools to increase productivity and value add.
- Owns and maintains site Purchasing policies, procedures and changes to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in Supplier Quality Audits as needed to support Supplier Quality function.
- Owns Supplier Ratings and meets with suppliers to design plans to achieve 100%.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Practice honesty and integrity
- Present a professional image
- Participate in trade association functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Experience (min 5 years) and strong knowledge of purchasing chemical products with domestic and international vendors
- Strong negotiation abilities.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong experience in developing purchasing procedures, approaches, price negotiations and supplier relationships.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and independent ability to solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set deadlines and work well with others required.
- Teamwork, integrity and accuracy of work required.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Superior organizational skills
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to travel to suppliers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and distribution software
Please send resumes to email@example.com
SUMMERFIELD ASSOCIATES, INC. is an award winning and nationally recognized leader in the consulting and recruiting industry. We are dedicated to the success of our clients, our employees, and our business. To view more of our opportunities please visit www.summerfield.net