Business Systems Analyst – EDI & ERP Configuration / Greater Memphis Area / Perm Position
Our global client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst with experience in EDI and ERP Configuration. They are a global leader in their industry. They have much to offer such as a great work environment and team, opportunity, and challenge.
SUMMARY: Business and systems analysis and development of EDI integration and ERP configuration. Performs technical and analytical duties relative to business process analysis, design, documentation, organizational change, systems evaluation, procurement, installation, configuration, programming, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Develops, implements and maintains EDI trading partner relationships and configures ERP software to apply business logic. Exercise independent choice and judgment and perform work requiring invention, imagination and creativity to predict future needs and opportunities, and develop robust technology solutions to meet them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Work with internal business functions and external trading partners and networks to streamline and automate order processing, fulfilment, shipping and invoicing.
- Become a subject matter expert on ERP EDI and system configuration capabilities.
- Analyze business processes by interviewing users, interrogating systems and datasets, generating process improvement ideas, and gaining organizational alignment and support for change.
- Document findings and requirements, estimate project effort and timelines.
- Utilize strong EDI and ERP configuration knowledge to create highly automated and reliable EDI solutions which serve both internal and external requirements.
- Configure ERP screens and workflows to streamline user interaction with the system.
- Help enable self-service tools, alerts and reports.
- Prepare users by designing and conducting training programs; providing reference materials and excellent support.
- Administer and maintain EDI integration and configurations, manage software testing and upgrades.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve incidents including escalating and managing problems with vendors.
- Provide on-call support during and after hours to meet business demands
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including pursuing certifications; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of budgets and expenses, support tickets, asset and license inventories, user account records, system changes, and other data as required.
- Manage project resources, budgets and timelines.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Reliable and regular attendance is expected.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Coaching and mentoring junior level staff with potential for supervisory role.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering equivalent experience in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience with EDI development.
- 3+ years’ experience developing with Java.
- 3+ years’ experience as a business analyst
- 3+ years’ configuring ERP software to provide business functionality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Working knowledge of XML, XSLT, SOAP/RESTful APIs
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with EDI transactions sets: 850, 810, 856, 940, 945
- Experience with Infor M3 or Microsoft AX
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, etc.
- Knowledge of EDI standards (ANSI X12, EDIFACT)
- Project management
Please send your resume to: Lisa Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org