Global BI Data Engineer - Perm Position - Greater Memphis Area
Our client is seeking a Global BI Data Engineer to join their corporate office. This position is with a company that is continually growing and offers a great work life balance as well as opportunity and employee benefits. Please review this position and if you are interested, please forward your resume to Lisa Barton: email@example.com
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible reporting and dashboard development, and production support of delivered solutions. Working with cross-functional teams, you will participate on the design of the applications to meet business needs. The ideal candidate takes initiative and is innovative, has an analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsible for Reports and Dashboards development and deployment.
- Work with Data Architect on cube and tabular model design.
- Implement Calculations, Perspectives, hierarchy structures, score cards and Key Performance Indicators KPI with outstanding visualizations using DAX, T-SQL.
- Develop SSAS tabular models utilizing complex DAX functions and SQL queries, stored procedures using T-SQL, CTE, XMLA, PowerShell scripts.
- Work on complex data modelling and design patterns for BI/Analytics reporting requirements using star schema, tabular and multidimensional OLAP modelling.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data, system and performance issues.
- Work closely with the team to ensure architectural standards are followed as it relates to business intelligence design and best practices.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting, and collaborate with business stakeholders in relation to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Quality Assurance for functional testing.
- Establish and maintain a high level of peer trust and confidence and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance. Provide 24x7 on call support.
- Ensure complete and timely communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
The BI Data Architect must possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics.
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Developer.
- Extensive knowledge of / experience with the following required:
- Full Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI)
- Data warehousing cube/tabular model experience
- Azure Cloud platform
- Experience with ETL development is a strong plus
- Utilize best practices in displaying massive amounts of data visually and effectively.
- Ability to concisely document data processes that can be readily understood and applied by both leadership and developers.
- Experience in working as part of an Agile SCRUM team responsible for iteratively delivering business outcomes.
- Train analysts and business users on report usage and interpretation
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented / collaborative environment across teams to complete work.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours as needed for system changes and deployments.
Experience & Education
Please send your resume to: Lisa Barton, firstname.lastname@example.org
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in any specific domain of IT.