Defense Program Manager Photonics
Massachusetts, 120-140k range
Rudzinsky Associate’s Massachusetts client is a leader in design, development and manufacture of photonic components and subsystems for the Defense, Aerospace, Life Science, CATV, telecommunication and industrial markets. Our lasers, detectors, modulators and integrated optical modules are recognized for high performance and reliability and are used by demanding market leaders worldwide.
Our client is seeking a talented Program Manager with a proven track record of managing complex programs to a timely and cost effective conclusion within the Defense Industry. Programs may also bewithin the Industrial, Life Science, Energy, Space or Telecom industries. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years’ experience, extensive industry knowledge and an established contact base from which to draw suppliers and customers. The position is located in a Boston area suburb
- Program Management duties:
- Manage all aspects of program execution to satisfy customer requirements and ensure compliance with cost, schedule and performance. Plan, monitor and manage in order to avoid specification shortfalls, budget overruns, schedule overruns and situations requiring emergency management.
- Manage and organize program reviews and sign offs between our client organization and the customer. Ensure that the agreed upon specifications meet the customer needs and can be achieved on time and with acceptable ROI by our client.
- Negotiate and agree upon statement of work (SOW) with the customer to meet requirements within budget and schedule constraints.
- Principal contact for customers; link between engineering, operations, finance, management and the customer.
- Coordinate with engineering and operations to ensure support groups meet objectives as defined by the customer requirements.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and maintain smooth and profitable operation within the organization.
- Business Development duties:
- Plan and manage customer visits to solidify existing business relationships and to develop new opportunities to grow our client’s program business.
- Initiate, direct, and participate in sales presentations, trade exhibits, product demonstrations, and other activities designed to identify current or potential customer needs and expectations.
- Write proposals to win new programs and extensions to existing contracts
- Participate in strategic planning to best leverage our client’s capabilities and apply these to new opportunities
- Develop and refine Rudzinsky Associate’s client’s capability presentations to target new business
- Other duties and responsibilities as business needs require.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration or related field (advanced degree preferred) plus a minimum of 15 years related industry experience.
- Significant working knowledge with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), contracts administration, cost analysis, and proposal management.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate manner with contacts at all levels within our client’s and Customer’s organization.
- Good organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Motivated team player with a positive attitude who can work independently.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder required.
Rudzinsky Associate’s client offers an excellent compensation and benefits program along with the opportunity to work in a challenging technical environment with opportunities for growth locally as well as within its global organization. Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
[[Link to Application Form]]