Advanced Manufacturing Engineer-Printing, Imaging Systems, Boston
2 Positions, one Supervisory, 100-120k base + bonus + large Co. benefits
Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client has just opened a gorgeous new Global Design Ctr / Ctr of Excellence here in the Boston area. Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a leading US-based global corporation and is a trusted industry leading worldwide manufacturer of product identification and tracing solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative printing modalities: laser, inkjet, thermal transfer, and print & apply labeling systems.
RA’s client provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiary organizations, 6 global technology centers of excellence, several equipment depot repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you an experienced engineer with global project management background, are passionate about providing innovative solutions to business evolution?
In this role you’ll, as a part of the Advanced Manufacturing Service you’ll have a strategic role by developing innovative solutions for our client’s future product range.
You’ll have an opportunity to… work and have an impact at a global level working hand to hand on projects with supply chain and research and development.
You should possess… a confirmed senior experience in complex industrial project management, engineering processes and high tech products.
Main Activities / Responsibilities:
- Supervisory position will supervise ~ 5 team members w/ diverse skill sets including:, sourcing, process eng, applications, and a jr adv mfg eng. Will function as a working supervisor
Integrate innovation programs with cross functional teams
· Develop manufacturing processes for all future products and technology
· Assure all requirements and quality standards are integrated in the innovation programs according to DFX
· Explore and research all emerging processes and manufacturing technologies
· Coordinate with design, sales and operations teams to develop manufacturing processes for new products to achieve corporate Design to Value objectives
· Contribute to Make vs Buy analysis in the manufacturing activities
· Accountable of the Supply Chain contribution, in front of the Program Management, during project phases
Education and/or Experience Required:
· Master´s degree in engineering (mechanical, micromechanics, electronics, industrial, hydraulics)
· Min 10 years’ experience in industrial process engineering, producing high tech products. Mandatory successful development of manufacturing processes for electromechanical or electromechanical/optical equipment. Less experience required for junior role.
· Experience in project management with cross-functional team members.
· Methodologies: six sigma green belt, lean manufacturing, value engineering…
· Experience working in international teams and global projects
· Fluent in English and good level of French is a plus
· Availability to travel internationally 10-15%