Sales Director / Industrial Laser, Beam Delivery
Attractive Midwest Location, to 150k+ package, and benefits
Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client is a successful and growing US Div. of an International leading firm in the Laser/Photonics space. This individual reports to the president and is responsible for Sales and Sales activities within the company/ North America Div. As Sales Director this individual will be responsible for, but work cooperatively with the senior staff in planning, developing and implementing the sales and marketing strategies (short-term and longer-term) of the organization. This includes domestic Sr management as well as international corporate management. This individual will be customer oriented and participate and close key/major account opportunities in addition to managing the Sales team. This individual will supervise a staff of 5-7 including: 3 Outside Sales Professionals, 2 Inside Sales Professionals, and others in technical support and administration.
The 3 Sales Account Managers are seasoned sales professionals who cultivate, develop, manage new and existing product customers/accounts. He or she will work with the engineering team on significant domestic sales opportunities, attend trade-shows and is the key point of contact facing outward to RA’s client’s customers.
The Director of Sales and Marketing has overall responsibility for the sales and marketing strategy, budget, and sales and marketing activities of the company, including, but not limited to:
- Development, Implementation, Execution and maintenance of short-term and multi-year marketing and sales strategy for the company.
- Tactical / Day to day implementation consistent with the multi-year strategy.
- Initial interaction on sales activities including RFQ response, preparation and presentation of quotations to customers.
- Development and growth of clients product commercial, industrial and OEM markets.
- Provide focused competitive / market knowledge working with the Engineering team in identifying, specifying and developing new products / product possibilities.
- Overseeing and developing foreign sales representatives and other channels of distribution as necessary for improved international product penetration/market development.
- Overseeing and execution of all marketing and sales activities – trade shows, advertising, sales support literature, overall company presentation to customers, email solicitations, web presence, quotation preparation, and new sales initiatives.
- Travel 20-30%. Several trade shows per year, customer visits, off-site visits to prospects and customers.
- Provide appropriate Sales Metrics for tracking and understanding competitive benchmarking and providing product, market, industry competitive information to Sr Management.
- Bachelors degree in a technical field (ME,Optics or EE is a plus)
- 7 years + experience in the sales and marketing of industrial lasers, beam delivery components, assemblies. Experience supervising staff, and a strong sense of customer service and advocacy.
- Familiarity with both Industrial and commercial customers and particular experience with the Automotive Industry and laser materials processing is required. Must be able to understand and explain and present solutions to industrial laser, beam delivery, and customer applications using industrial lasers and beam delivery systems and components. US Citizen or permanent resident.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with relevant tools such as CRM and Sales Force Management tools.
- A track record growing sales of a 10mm+ business/market/product line