Future Products Marketing Mgr – Industrial Laser Products
130-160k base plus bonus
Attractive Greater Boston Area Location
Rudzinsky Associate’s client is embarking on a dramatic growth program opening up a new Program Technology Center in the Greater Boston area. RA’s client is well established in New England and globally as a leader in Product and Packaging Marking, Coding, and Identification Solutions.
As part of Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client Future Product Marketing team, this position is responsible for driving laser and photonics product marketing related to new product development in RA’s client’s portfolio of product lines. These products are used for end user package and product marking, coding and identification. This is in anticipation of market trends and aligned with global application needs to ensure future profitability.
The role includes the collection, synthesis and analysis of market trends: geographical, competitive, regulatory and packaging or product substrates/surfaces. This requires the candidate to develop strong working knowledge of key laser marking/identification/coding applications and their associated performance requirements.
The candidate will work closely with an R&D counterpart (Laser/Photonics Technical Project Managers and engineers and cross functional Center of Excellence Technology Leaders) to develop product and solution set concepts and related voice of market plans, develop and analyze business cases for product solutions and create and communicate customer needs driven requirement specifications for new product solutions. This person will be a product “champion” for laser related marking and identification solutions.
The candidate should enjoy spending time in the market with customers and be proficient at understanding customers’ applications and needs, as well as delivering results by producing successful new solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage front end laser and photonics product marketing activities, from trends and business analysis through needs requirements definition and concept development with regional stakeholders, consultants, market launch team, global communications, and R&D counterparts.
- Perform market analysis, monitor competitive activities, and identify customer needs to drive strategic product management initiatives globally
- Develop strategic marketing plan to drive laser and photonics product vision, including business case, functional requirements, positioning and pricing strategy
- Collect and monitor application requirements globally from key markets to ensure new solutions meet customer application and market needs.
- Work in collaboration with current laser and photonic product marketing and the global sales team leadership to create & drive execution of Go-to-Market Strategy while performing some business development activities to support new laser/photonic product launches in some cases.
- Manage laser/photonic product concept development projects through business case analysis, concept definition, development, and market testing activities and into our product development processes.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of assigned market segment and actively monitor, communicate, act upon changes relevant to customer and competition.
- Maintain effective communication with executives and managers across the company to ensure cross-functional communications and launch readiness.
- Often acts as mentor or facilitator as it relates to laser and photonic products and technology
The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Proven background and practical experience in developing, managing and delivering new laser and photonics products, including the ability to create customer needs driven requirements documents, perform competitive analysis, complete feature/function prioritization and assessment and create supporting business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about product and business issues while managing and implementing tactical project plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of establishing credibility with customers, business partners, sales, and development teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills—provides simplicity on the other side of complexity
- Ability to drive the implementation of marketing objectives across organizations/functions.
- Proven ability work effectively with multiple levels of management, internal and external.
- Ability to lead projects and people across cultures and geographies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others to achieve a common goal.
- Ability to operate, drive results, and set priorities independently with limited direct supervision
- Highly accountable, with experience in managing multiple complex projects
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 35%.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide effective decisions based on sound judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, or a Technical field. MBA is an advantage.
- 8+ years of industry experience, with a minimum of 5+ years related marketing experience, with proven track record in global product marketing or product development leadership roles.
- Specific experience with industrial or scientific laser and photonic systems, customers, applications, product development.