Laser Systems Technical Project Manager, 150k package
Rudzinsky Associate’s (RA’s) client has just opened a gorgeous new Global Design Ctr / Ctr of Excellence here in the Boston area. Our client is a wholly owned subsidiary of a leading US-based global corporation and is a trusted industry leading worldwide manufacturer of product identification and tracing solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative printing modalities: laser, inkjet, thermal transfer, and print & apply labeling systems.
RA’s client provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiary organizations, 6 global technology centers of excellence, several equipment depot repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, confident, and passionate Technical Project Manager with the ability to drive New Product development?
In this role you’ll be … integral part of RA’s client’s new Global Design Center team, accountable for the cross-functional project development activities from technical feasibility, to qualified prototypes to delivering innovative, new products to market.
You’ll have an opportunity to … work with other multi-functional department managers to meet the company’s technological and project goals while delivering highly complex laser-marking products.
You should possess … Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in New Product Development, with at least 5 of those years as a practicing engineer with a strong multidisciplinary “systems” focus.
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the delivery of the technical solutions to ensure products are available for manufacture and sale in line with business priorities, quality, timeline and cost objectives.
- Deliver projects through all of the development activities including the specification, design, integration, verification, qualification, field trial and launch.
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risks.
- Ensure the appropriate level of the technology readiness and risk levels prior to initiation of product development projects.
- Validate project specifications with all stakeholders prior to initiating the design phase.
- Develop a solid project plan approved by stakeholders.
- Identify and provide leadership to resolve project related issues and escalate as required.
- Delivery of projects keeping to the project budgeted resources and expenses during the development phases.
- Lead the execution of the necessary partnership and supplier agreements, including governance agreements and subsequent performance management.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Optical Engineering
- Five years of Electro-Optic Integrated System Program Management related work experience required, using stage-gate processes.
- Formal project management training preferred.
- Working with multi-discipline design teams in the integration of UV/VIS/IR lasers, galvo heads, sensors, custom drivers, software and firmware into innovative high speed digital laser printers preferred.
- Experience in an international company, both related to the markets and customers served and the locations in which products are developed.
RA’s client’s new Boston Metro suburban location is an exciting expansion demonstrating our commitment to be the innovation leader in digital imaging and printing technologies. This new, state-of-the-art, Global Design Center will be the hub for New Product Introduction of Laser based and DOD oriented products. The office is situated close to Boston with easy access by car or public transportation.