RF Design/Development Engineer, 80-120k+ bonus
Attractive Rhode Island location
Rudzinsky Associate’s client is currently looking for a talented, creative RF Engineer. This is an opportunity to work with Rudzinsky Associate’s client and with laser technology! Our clients gas lasers in the 30 to 1kw category represent a real growth opportunity for Rudzinsky Associate’s client and its employees. Rudzinsky Associate’s client is a small but fast growing dynamic team of young engineers with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Appointee will work with the engineering team to troubleshoot and support existing RF designs, develop product improvements, and assist in the movement of new products into manufacturing. Applicant must be familiar with the use of most forms of RF test equipment.
The successful engineer will be responsible for participating in the development, debugging and documentation of RF circuits to drive laser products.
- Work closely with senior engineers in the development of CO2 laser, 30 watt to 1kw, RF sources in the VHF frequency range (10Mhz to 150MHz) utilizing FET's with 1kw of power, to support existing designs, analysis and resolution of manufacturing and customer issues.
- Design and development experiments and prototypes of RF circuits, laser gas discharge loads and other equipment and facilities.
- Perform RF hardware development including design enhancement, component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, BOM creation, test and debug.
- Perform RF measurements and characterization of modules, circuits, and components.
- Create detailed test plans both at the module and system level.
- Conduct experiments and computer simulations.
- Collect accurate and conclusive test data and maintain detailed documentation.
- Develop positive relationships with other engineering disciplines and other company functions, such as PCB, hardware, mechanical, firmware, software, system test, production test and mechanical engineers involved in the design process.
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a cross-functional team and mentor others.
- Adhere to aggressive deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience:
- BSc in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent practical experience that demonstrates understanding to degree level)
- Practical 3-5 years’ experience in an R&D or product development environment
- Experience in troubleshooting RF circuit issues
- Experience in a design environment not just repair
- Ability to work with a range of people (from top RF designers to assemblers on the manufacturing floor)
- Be a self-starter, the appointee will be the sole RF engineer in the 14 member product support team
- HF/VHF Solid-state amplifiers.
- HF/VHF Semiconductors, RF components, FET's, and manufacturers of such.
- Class C, D, and E modes of operation.
- High frequency printed circuit board design techniques and layout.
- Consequences of parasitic elements in RF components and PCB layouts.
- Ground planes and ground loops.
- Low impedance PCB transmission lines and matching networks.
- High power discrete component matching networks.
- Low and high power broadband transformers.
- High power pulse width power bus modulation.
- High Power air and water thermal management.
- EMI suppression.
- FCC/CE testing and certifications.
Experience with the following considered a plus
- RF plasma power supplies.
- Commercial and amateur solid-state HF/VHF amplifier design and troubleshooting.
- PCB layout.
[[Link to Application Form]]