Sr Optomechanical Product Design Leader / NPI to 120k Cdn
How does an adventure in the Canadian Atlantic Provinces sound?
This is a wonderful lifestyle opportunity!
- Are you a strategic thinker who enjoys analyzing trends and formulating new methods for product development and exposure? Do you possess a strong optomechanical background coupled with exceptional communication and organizational skills to lead a team effectively?
Our client, based in the Atlantic Provinces, is a specialized and progressive company that offers technologically advanced solutions for defense related use. They are now looking to complement their team with a resourceful and astute Lead Optomechanical Engineer /Project Manager to lead the product development team.
Reporting to the President, the Optomechanical Engineer /Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of up to 3 people, identifying market needs for products that are within the capabilities of the company, and the development of the products to meet market needs. The successful candidate will also be directly active in the support of all Sales and Marketing initiatives, and any engineering and production requirements.
- Market need analysis, product development budget, planning and schedule
- Lead the product development team to oversee the detailed product specifications, detailed product design and qualification testing program for new products (all aspects of performance, schedule, and cost)
- Develop and help implement any technology capabilities that would be required to develop new products and/or develop supply chain sources to give the company the capability
- Manage multiple product developments simultaneously
- Provide leadership in developing objectives for future business development with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies as authorized
- Ensure that products and tasks are compliant with all regulatory requirements and certifications that are required and applicable to the division
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team
Bachelor's Degree in Physics or Mechanical Engineering or combination of work experience in the commercial, military or government sectors
Proven leader with a sound technical understanding of optomechanical devices, assemblies, systems
A track record of developing products for future business opportunities and leading teams
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Some knowledge of the following would be beneficial:
Injection molding / CNC machining
Understanding or familiarity of MIL-Standards
ISO 9001 Management systems
Commercial product sales, marketing and/or distribution
Candidate should possess the ability to work on Canadian Defense related projects.