Vice President Sales / Marketing - Photonics
Attractive Northeast location, 200k+ package (base + variable compensation)
Engaged/Retained Search 4.18
Our client is a leading multinational Photonics company with market leadership in both scientific and industrial laser/photonics markets. The company is growing its domestic operations through top line growth of existing products and the steady introduction of organically developed domestic US products and technology. We are seeking entrepreneurial Sales and Marketing professionals for several significant roles.
The Vice President of Sales/Marketing, has Department P&L responsibility and will be a key member of the Executive Team reporting to the President/CEO. He/She will drive and manage all aspects of scientific photonics sales as well as work to enhance commercial customer development in North America. The VP Sales/Marketing will successfully develop and execute 1-3-5 year sales business plans encompassing existing and planned product offerings, geographic & vertical market growth, satellite offices and international distributors. This visionary business development leader will design, recommend and "drive" formidable "action plans" to accomplish short and long-term sales objectives and achieve team sales quotas annual sales growth and targeted profitability. Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial, hands on Sales/Marketing professional. Your background should include a proven track record growing and leading organizations in the 10mm-30mm sales range. Your experience working in a multinational company would be a plus. The successful candidate still enjoys key account leadership and enjoys closing business and major accounts.
Sales-Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the President and CEO and the International Executive Team to successfully develop and execute short and long-term strategic sales plans and budgets to accomplish plan's goals and objectives and ensure there are adequate financial and human resources for desired results. Defines and implements sales organizational structure to match size and growth rate.
- Personally coaches, trains and leads Sales, Business Development and technical professionals in relationship-based selling. Provides clear strategic and tactical direction to enable each member of the sales team to achieve respective sales objectives/goals.
- Ensures appropriate account planning, lead generation, qualification, proposal and contract negotiation activity occurs collaboratively to sustain targeted team sales and profit growth.
- Increases new account penetration by concentrating sales prospecting on select clients, prospects and markets providing the opportunities for highest profitability and growth.
- Formulates accurate sales forecasting system working with sales team to reliably predict and deliver forecasted orders. Develops needed systems to define, manage and track all sales activities to determine what is working and what is not.
- As our company’s overall Customer Relationship Manager, the Sales Director establishes and maintains top-level business relationships with the management of existing and potential customers that strengthens customer loyalty, ensures customer satisfaction and provides an ongoing source of business.
- Recognizes and understands how sales team integrates with all other company functions and ensures effective two-way communication for harmonious working relationships internally and with customers. Ensures pro-active integration of sales with all other disciplines.
Sales Director Position Qualifications:
- Technical or Business Degree; MBA a plus.
- Background should include ten years of sales experience of Scientific, OEM Photonics products, instruments, lasers, systems or related equipment sales, personally closing large sales, programs or projects in the $.3M to $3.5M sales range.
- Management of internal and external sales staff of 5-8 professionals including new-leads generation and qualification, client engagement planning and execution.
- Knowledge of product strategy analysis and planning and the technology product development process for commercial clients producing any of the following high technology products: medical, industrial, and consumer, computer, automotive and aerospace markets.
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning and forecasting skills, including excellence in building effective relationships with all stakeholders involved in the sales process.
- Creative, resourceful, proactive, can do attitude and a self-starter.
- On average, travel 30-50% per month including some overnight travel.
- Experience growing sales from 10-30mm+ revenues strongly desired