Attractive Northeast location, $150k+ package (base + variable compensation)
Engaged/Retained Search 6.18
Our client is a mid-size technologically leading multinational Photonics Group with market leadership in both scientific and industrial laser/photonics markets. The US subsidiary is a growing sales driven company developing the US market for the group with strong sales & marketing activities. The company’s operations are driven by top line growth of existing products and the steady introduction of organically developed US products and technology. We are seeking an entrepreneurial Senior level Photonics Sales and Marketing professional for this role.
The Vice President of Sales/Marketing, has Department P&L responsibility and will take a leading role in the domestic Executive Team,as the second most senior executive in the US reporting to the President/CEO US and being strongly connected to the international Group Executive Team. He/She will drive and manage all aspects of scientific photonics sales as well as work to enhance industrial customer development in North America. The VP Sales/Marketing will successfully develop and execute 1-3- year sales business plans encompassing existing and planned product offerings, geographic & vertical market growth, satellite offices and international product introduction. This visionary business development leader will design, recommend and "drive" formidable "action plans" to accomplish short and long-term sales objectives and achieve team sales quotas, annual sales growth and targeted profitability. Together with the President/CEO the Vice President of Sales/Marketing will communicate the North American market needs to the Group authorities and influence the world wide business and product strategy.
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial, hands on Sales/Marketing professional who is used to mid-size organizations where active and self-responsible individuals are a success factor. Your background should include a proven track record growing and leading organizations in the 10M-30M sales range. Your experience working in a multinational company would be a plus. The successful candidate still enjoys key account leadership and enjoys closing business and major accounts.
Additionally, your experience as a Sr Photonics Sales/Marketing executive and any other relevant experience should have prepared you for a General Management role, now and or in the near future.
Sales-Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the President/CEO and the International Executive Team to successfully develop and execute short and long-term strategic sales plans and budgets to accomplish plan's goals and objectives and ensure there are adequate financial and human resources for desired results. Defines and implements sales organizational structure to match size and growth rate.
- Personally coaches, trains and leads Sales, Business Development and technical professionals in consultative-based selling. Provides clear strategic and tactical direction to enable each member of the sales team to achieve respective sales objectives/goals.
- Ensures appropriate account planning, lead generation, qualification, proposal and contract negotiation activity occurs collaboratively to sustain targeted team sales and profit growth.
- Increases new account penetration by concentrating sales prospecting on select clients, prospects and markets providing the opportunities for highest profitability and growth.
- Formulates accurate sales forecasting system working with sales team to reliably predict and deliver forecasted orders. Develops needed systems to define, manage and track all sales activities to determine what is working and what is not.
- As our company’s overall Customer Relationship Manager, the VP of Sales establishes and maintains top-level business relationships with the management of existing and potential industrial customers that strengthens customer loyalty, ensures customer satisfaction and provides an ongoing source of business.
- Recognizes and understands how sales team integrates with all other company functions and ensures effective two-way communication for harmonious working relationships internally and with customers. Ensures pro-active integration of sales with all other disciplines.
Marketing Related Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the International Marketing Team in marketing communications, and manages his domestic team with respect to trade shows, advertisement and online promotions. Sets up an appropriate and effective marketing budget.
- Develops successful means for lead generation and market survey
- Collaborates with the Group market research manager in order to find new applications for existing products or new markets worth to develop suitable products.
- Technical Degree; MBA a plus.
- Background should include seven to ten years of sales experience of Scientific, OEM Photonics products, instruments, lasers, systems or related equipment sales, personally closing large sales, programs or projects in the $.3M to $3.5M sales range.
- Management of internal and external sales staff of 5-8 professionals including new-leads generation and qualification, client engagement planning and execution.
- Knowledge of product strategy analysis and planning and the technology product development process for industrial clients producing any of the following high technology products: medical, bio-photonic, semiconductor or aerospace markets.
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning and forecasting skills, including excellence in building effective relationships with all stakeholders involved in the sales process.
- Creative, resourceful, proactive, can do attitude and a self-starter.
- On average, travel 30-50% per month including some overnight travel.
- Experience growing sales from 10-30M+ revenues strongly desired