Precision Product Engineer/Manufacturing Engineer/Sales Support
Diamond Turning/Optical Fabrication/Precision Machining
Rudzinsky Associates’ (RA’s) client, a rapidly growing, emerging young organization has engaged RA to find a talented diamond turning/machining professional. The successful candidate will be a hardworking self-starter who is: knowledgeable, goal-oriented and creative to participate in developing disruptive machining processes to manufacture optical and other high tech components. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated and willing to work in an extremely dynamic young company environment. The selected candidate will be working to develop novel laser-assisted machining technology and processes that are utilized in high tech, and precision optical manufacturing industries around the world. Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits, is revenue positive, and has an attractive entrepreneurial environment.
- Process development for new materials using laser assisted machining
- Planning tests and setting up parts on diamond turning lathes and machining systems
- Current and new product testing on diamond turning lathes
- Generate Applications Notes for new application projects
- Performing metrology, including surface and form measurements on machined parts
- Performing field installations,training and front facing customer support of RA’s client systems
- Designing cutting tools and part fixtures
- Experience in programming ultra-precision CNC machines: including G & M-Code
- Proficiency with the use and operation of ultra-precision CNC machines, specifically diamond turning equipment in end user or R&D environments.
- Experience with optical metrology equipment: indicators, interferometers, profilometers, and other relevant tools.
- Experience in manufacturing optics from conventional to exotic materials including: hard and brittle materials, metals,IR materials and optical crystals
- Experience in research & development of new machining processes and parameters
- Proficiency with Solidworks
- Experience in precision engineering and manufacturing
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizen or permanent residency required