Sr Optical/Optomechanical/EO Technician-Space Based Optical Systems
60-80k+ salary, Attractive NY/CT/MA border location Duchess County, NY
About you: Are you a Sr level Optomechanical “Super Tech”, who would love to work on groundbreaking Optical technology, and you have the skills, confidence and experience to work independently in a small team environment? Then read on.
Rudzinsky Associates client is a scientific nonprofit corporation that is operating more as an exciting start up than a non profit organization. The organization has a tightly focused mission to reveal astronomical information about planetary bodies. The vision of the organization is to exploit modern development approaches and the modern private space vehicle industry while pursuing development and solution paths that are too risky for traditional organizations.
Our client expects the successful candidate to be an expert in implementing optics and opto-mechanical systems. The hired Senior Technician will be the lead on-site implementation efforts in a small multi-disciplinary team and so must be comfortable working independently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- As the on-site implementation lead in a small organization, will work across optical and mechanical disciplines to implement solutions to defined problems in large optics, image formation, diffraction, stray light, vacuum systems, and other similarly difficult disciplines, as necessary. This is fundamentally a build-and-test-hardware position.
- Operate and maintain unique test facilities.
- Collaborate with small internal team and contracted personnel.
- Exhibit eagerness to implement and test novel optics and optomechanical systems under time pressures with limited support from others.
- Experience with handling and testing optical systems.
- Exhibit comfort with implementing projects, e.g. component design and selection through system operation, based on needs and designs described by the engineering team.
- Working knowledge of optomechanical control systems, including some basic coding, is a plus.
Desirable Attributes of a Successful Candidate:
Required Education and Skills:
No minimum educational requirement. Demonstrated mastery of skills building and operating optics and optomechanical systems.
- Location: On site in northern Duchess County, NY.
- Travel Required: Occasional travel is expected for specialized training and for technical exchanges with team members in other states.
- Growth: Potential for advancement through increase in breadth of duties or level of responsibility as organization develops and grows.
- US Citizenship or Green Card Required: Yes.